Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

history of the mitsubishi lancer evolution VIII

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2020, 09:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
history of the mitsubishi lancer evolution VIII

a few weeks ago, I wrote a post on this website to ask for information about evoVIII and the different versions of the United States market, I attached a link to the result of the video, after weeks of work and documentation

Old Jun 29, 2020, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Great vid, I see you did an exceptional amount of work.

Back in 1992, when I purchased a DSM, (an AWD Mitsubishi turbo car) I somehow came into possession of the Technical Manual. This differs from the shop manual in that it doesn't explain how to disassemble or fix things, it explains what they do and how they work, the thinking behind the design. From several of the illustrations presented in your video, it looks like a Technical Manual exists for the Evo 8 and it is in English. How can I get a copy?
Old Jun 29, 2020, 06:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow great video!! Good work!
Old Jun 30, 2020, 11:13 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi, I have PDF copies of the technical manuals from evos 4-9. They're all in English. Pretty useful information. You can send me your e-mail address and I can send a link to these.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 12:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by andrei_blancia
Hi, I have PDF copies of the technical manuals from evos 4-9. They're all in English. Pretty useful information. You can send me your e-mail address and I can send a link to these.
Why not upload them to mega.nz or something so we can all see? Or would some lawyers get upset.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by andrei_blancia

Thank you very much, but I already have all the manuals, my main question is in the versions made in the United States, of which I have very little information, now I am working on the video of the history of the evoVIIIMR and I can hardly find information on the versions manufactured for the American market, since although an RS version with aluminum roof was sold, it was not called MRRS when everything seems to indicate that it was an MR, or is it not?
Old Jul 5, 2020, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
US got an MR and RS, but not an MR RS. Both with aluminum roof. MR had the 6 speed, BBS wheels, and Bilsteins. RS came with no wing, manual windows and locks, no radio, and a few other lightweight things.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
US got an MR and RS, but not an MR RS. Both with aluminum roof. MR had the 6 speed, BBS wheels, and Bilsteins. RS came with no wing, manual windows and locks, no radio, and a few other lightweight things.

It is obvious that I did not call it MR RS, but the funny thing is that it had 2 fundamental options to be called MR, the aluminum roof and the ACD central differential, there has been no evolution VIII in the world in any market with aluminum roof. who would not be considered MR
Old Jul 6, 2020, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by evolutionVIIIMR
It is obvious that I did not call it MR RS, but the funny thing is that it had 2 fundamental options to be called MR, the aluminum roof and the ACD central differential, there has been no evolution VIII in the world in any market with aluminum roof. who would not be considered MR
US got three versions of the Evo VIII - GSR (which was just called Evo VIII), MR, and RS. The aluminum roof was shared between the MR and RS here, and on the Evo IX the aluminum roof was shared between the MR, RS, and IX SE/MR SE. Unlike most of the world, the US does not have any MR RS models (5 or 6 speed), MR GSR, or RS 6 speed.