Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo 8 running rough.... Sensors maybe? HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2020, 06:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo 8 running rough.... Sensors maybe? HELP!!

Hey Guys, My Evo 8 has been running real rough here lately and I think it is because of the sensors. I just did a full exhaust install thinking that the bad exhaust leak I had and the o2 sensors were contributing. But I still have the same result.

First, crank up (cold start) sometimes it barely can hit 1000 RPMs (with no help) it'll go down below 1000 RPMs and shut off. I can keep it running with slight pressure on the throttle but still runs really rough in neutral. Once it's warmed up and drive it, it runs fine, and once I idle it after it's been running for a bit, it sounds like it's cammed (it's not cammed). I have looked at the codes and it does show a misfire but it doesn't indicate what cylinder. If anyone else runs into this problem please help me out. I believe its the sensors but I could be wrong, someone also told me it may be the coil packs. Also if anyone has recommendations on where to get the sensors please let me know.

Also, side note....before last summer, it was sitting a year or more at my parents. I had to get the starter and alt rebuilt when I brought it back home. But ever since it sit for so long I'm running into this issue.

I have an mp4 video that I can't upload onto here. if anyone wants to hear it, I can send it through email

Old Jul 2, 2020, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
maybe bad gas? pull the plugs and take a look. do the easiest stuff first.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 07:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i've ran through a few tanks of gas. I do have spark plugs to replace the old ones. I will try that next
Old Jul 2, 2020, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Vacuum leak?