Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Lean idle, lean cruising

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2020, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lean idle, lean cruising

Car is SD converted, DW300 (recently installed), FIC 2150’s, on E85. Cold starts on E at times are rough, but once the car is running the wideband fluctuates between 14.3-16.5/17’s and then 0’s out (pain in the butt), once the car is at operating temps AFR’s sit around the 14.5-15ish area. Once you try giving any throttle it immediately goes lean. Even the throttle has somewhat of a delay as well (checked tps voltage, that was good). This all started out of nowhere as well. When I drove it around the block, trying to get into boost the car would fall on its face. Seeing that I immediately went to the injectors, thinking that was the problem. I unplugged each injector one by one. Cylinders 4-3 all made audible changes to the idle, but injector 1 made no change. So to make sure it was the injector, I swapped injector 1 to cylinder 4 and injector 4 into cylinder 1. The car barely wanted to run. So I figured that was the problem. Swapped in a working 2150 injector into cylinder 1, and am still having the lean issues and when I unplug injector 1 there is still no audible change in idle. I checked fuel pressure and that is normal, I swapped out MAP sensor with no change in lean conditions. I’m running out of ideas. Thank you for any help.

I also posted this to the dyno tune and results forum, thinking it could be a tune issue. I honestly don’t know. Thank you

Last edited by QikEvo; Jul 18, 2020 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Punctuation