Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need some help!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2020, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some help!

Hey team, been a while since I been on, hopefully you all are doing well. So i got some stuff going on with the Evo. When I am cruising or tryingto accelerate, I can feel car jerking hesitating for 1-2 sec. After driving a bit longer it would hesistate then die, I would try to keep it alive stepping on the throttle but the no avail. The rpm did not go up. When i would start it, it would be hard to start,run rough and die out. I try to give it gas to prevent the rpm from dropping so it wont die, but did not work. I wait for 3-4 minutes, it starts fine and drives normal again but the same thing would happen again. Also, when i would change gear then try to accelerate,there would be no rpm response for 2-3 sec then catches it self then rpm goes up. But then it will stall out and die. I was thinking maybe fuel pump? But I wasnt sure if the rpm would not be able to go up or not with a bad pump 05 evo 8. Thank you
Old Oct 29, 2020, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts
If you have access to a scan tool i would check for codes first. Fuel pump could cause an issue but you need to hook up a fuel pressure gauge and monitor the pressure at idle and while revving. Id start there before going further. Also could be a bad MAF sensor, i have read some will go bad without setting codes so something to think about. Start with codes and base fuel pressure first tho.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was thinking that It could be the map sensor too. Im on speed density!. Thanks for the advice to try and check the fuel pump. Currently, I do not see any check engine lights.