Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Best Engine Swap For A CE9A????

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2021, 07:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Best Engine Swap For A CE9A????

I have an 1995 Evo 3 with a hole in the block. I live in the United States so sourcing and JDM for this car is extremely hard. I've been looking for about three months now and I haven't found anything. Are there any other options for engine swaps? Some alternatives I was thinking would be an RVR motor, eclipse/talon, or an evo 1/2 motor. However, not sure if any of these would work? Any input is appreciated!
Old Jun 13, 2021, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 118 Likes on 95 Posts
Didn't you already make this thread? I linked to you to an engine in Japan previously. Contact a reputable importer immediately and ask them to buy you this and hope it's not a turd: https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w467526061
Join the Evo 123 parts for sale group on Facebook, or contact 'Evo 321 spares' there. You might get lucky. The options suck, I'm not going to lie. To run these cars, you have to be extremely good at finding information and sources, and most people don't put in the effort. There is no "easy" button.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 05:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RS200
Didn't you already make this thread? I linked to you to an engine in Japan previously. Contact a reputable importer immediately and ask them to buy you this and hope it's not a turd: https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w467526061
Join the Evo 123 parts for sale group on Facebook, or contact 'Evo 321 spares' there. You might get lucky. The options suck, I'm not going to lie. To run these cars, you have to be extremely good at finding information and sources, and most people don't put in the effort. There is no "easy" button.
Yes I was inquiring about finding an evo 2/3 engine but I couldn’t find any. I want to get my car on the road ASAP so now I’m open to possibly choosing a dsm engine but I’m not sure which one will be the best/work.

oh wow that link is a good find! Thank you!!!!! I might have to do that.

basically the dealer I bought my evo from is giving me a check for an engine so I could put a jdm engine in or a usdm engine and use that leftover money to refresh the usdm engine.