Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

devastated

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2004, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deceit,

The part number is "62115" however you may need a bag of clips etc to attach it to the top part of the bumper. The top part of the bumper is $425 and is part number "62000". You will have to buy both parts as well as several different clips and attachment parts. That also does not include the mesh etc. Which you will have to take off your original bumper or you will have to order those parts as well.

SILVER SURFER,

That is the exact spot we thought the problem would be, however we have tightened those bolts etc and still have the problem. I am hoping that it is the hose at this point. We had to take the buschur hose off and reattach the stock hose in order to get the stock intercooler to fit. I have had 2 other mechanics look at the fittings etc and they did not find anything wrong with the way it is hooked up and all the clamps are tight.

I just really hope that it is that stock pipe and that once I get another intercooler form Buschur, hopefully next week, and put it all back together it will run like new. No wine, no weird noise and full 1.5 boost again. One can only hope...

-Doug
Old Apr 20, 2004, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

Ok, I went to Mitsu today to get my new front bumper and lip and when I got there they gave me a rear bumper for a Lancer and a front lip for a Lancer. What the hell??? I was pissed...

Turns out the Evo front bumper and lip are on back order and there is no ETA. So I just told them to give me my money back and I am now going to look for custom front bumpers. Any suggestions on type and places to buy???

thanks,
-Doug
Old Apr 21, 2004, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

I still have the holes on my bumper where the clips with the screws were that broke straight from the bumper. I'll take some pics. I'm thinking I just need the lip since mostly everything else is intact.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 08:16 AM
Evolving Member

Deceit,

Turns out that they did ship the correct front air dam (lip). Mitsu called this AM so I went back and brought my old lip with me and sure enough it matches. It does not come painted so I dropped it off at the body shop and it should be painted by Friday.

I am not yet completely sure what clips I will need to reattach it to the bumper. At this point I believe I have everything I need, which means that I am forgetting at least one thing.

I am also going to call Buschur again today to verify that my intercooler will be here by Friday. The car will just not run right with the stock one. It is still running very very very rich and wants to die all the time. I figure it is because it is not getting as much air as it is used to. Hopefully all this will be solved this weekend.

I also found a Veilside Front Half-spoiler for Evo8-Urethane form Boost-Solutions. It is made from the same material that our stock pieces are made from. It is not fiberglass. The car also keeps most of the stock apperance. The difference is that the air dam or lip comes up a little higher and would cover any scratches etc. from where the stock bumper attaches to the stock lip. It is like $340 and then you would have to have it painted but the stock lip form Mitsu is $227 and then you have to have it painted too. just a thought that I am exploring. It all depends on what it looks like once I put the new stock lip on my existing stock bumper.

-Doug
Old Apr 21, 2004, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

Deceit,

One other note.... check your intercooler spray nozzles. One of mine was damaged. They are inexpensive to replace so I had Mitsu send me one of them as well. I think it was like $13.

-Doug
Old Apr 21, 2004, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

i can not believe this

You won't believe this one....

Got my replacement Buschur intercooler from UPS today. Took it out of the box and it is damaged. I am attaching the picture.

I called Buschur and they said that it is not a problem and that it will work fine. They said I could send it back and they would mail me out a new one, but if it really is OK, I just want to get my car running again.

What do you all think.... I am going to install it and see if it really does work fine. I really hope it does, I have been without my car for a while now.

What are your thoughts on this damaged intercooler???

thanks,
-Doug
Attached Thumbnails devastated-smashed_ic3.jpg  
Old Apr 21, 2004, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

Well the picture does not do it justice. That first row is really smashed. Can't see it to well in the picture. Let me try another...
Attached Thumbnails devastated-smashed_ic4.jpg  
Old Apr 21, 2004, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

You and I have pretty equally ****ty luck.

I am not really a fan of that Veilside lip/bumper. Too tacy. I like the stock bumper a whole lot.

My nossle's work correctly, thanks for pointing it out though. I just checked recently.

On the intercooler, I'm not sure, but I'd send those pictures to Tym or David and see what they think.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 12:35 PM
Evolving Member

sorry to here about all your bad luck. one of our posted this today about a do-luck front lip. hope it helps

http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/view...2600a833#12084
Old Apr 21, 2004, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

Shane,

I sent Jarrod some pictures and David looked at them. He said that it will work fine. That it was not in the main air flow and that there will be no performance degradation. Since it is in the first row it will be covered bu the bumper anyway and I think it is on the inside so it will not show. I just hate to pay all that money for 2 intercoolers now in 2 weeks and install a smashed one.

I really just want to drive my car again, so if it will not hurt performance then I am fine with it. Ya it sucks, but if the car runs like it did 2 weeks ago, I will forget all about it.

I agree that the stock bumper is the best look. Which is why I even considered the Veisside front half spoiler. It allowed you to keep the stock front end and would also cover any scratches on the bottom of the bumper. Mitsu has the front air dams (lip) in stock but the bumpers are on back order. I am just going to put on the new lip and hope that the scratches on the botom of the bumper are masked.

I hope to install my new Smashed up Buschur intercooler and new freshly painted front air dam on Friday. I will post picks when it done.

-Doug
Old Apr 21, 2004, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Fear not my friends.....Doug has the parts and I will do the wrenching. His stage 4 EVO will be in top form this weekend.

As for the bend in the top portion of the TC..It is fine. the bend is only on the back side and does not affect the flow of air at all.

Note to all....watch out for the evil parking lot blocks.....damn things will jump out and hurt our EVOs.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

Paul, you are right those parking lot blocks are preparing for war. I saw them in the Best Buy parking lot yesterday working on their formations.

Oh and have I told you yet that you are the man!!!!

Paul is the one that is going to be helping me, well actually he will be doing most of the work and I will just be helping as he is the one with the knowledge. Thanks again Paul....

-Doug