Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: % of people who have had problems with their evo's?
I have had no problems
63.07%
Yes I have had problems
28.13%
Boy have I had problems
8.81%
Voters: 704. You may not vote on this poll

% of evo owners who have had problems?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2006, 08:49 PM
Rnm
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jasonc32amg
2800 miles on my RS IX, no issues...car runs fantastic!
Yep yep, same here although I'm at 2200 miles.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 08:59 PM
KY
Evolving Member

Almost 25k miles on an 03. I am the second owner. The first owner was not really into the car and left it stock except for a new Mitsubishi clutch(he didn't know how to drive) and tires(which don't really count as a problem) at 15k.

The only problem I have had with the car since getting it would be spending money modding it, if you consider that a problem.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 07:07 AM
Evolving Member

Just couple minor ones

Originally Posted by evolved1
Just wanted to know the % of evo owners who have had problems?
Post mileage, type of problem, etc.
23000 miles
I think im slipping at 4000RPM(that could be from past owners beating it) Just started though. Oil leaking around pan and plug. These are easy fixes and wouldn't even think anything less of the Evo.

Dante`
Old Feb 7, 2006, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

03 silver evo w/ 24k miles

My wing was discolouring and had to be replaced, have constant P0300 SES light which makes it so i can't accelerate gently in 5th gear most of the time, passenger B pillar squeaks constantly, when it's cold out the emergency brake light comes on and off, passenger side front brake caliper is peeling and discolouring, can not go from 2nd gear to 1st (have to shift to neutral in order for it to work), headliner has all these brown spots all over it and the hook that is supposed to hold driver's floor mat is ripping out the carpet.

I know some of it may seem trivial but i get to drive the car maybe 5-10 days a month and it is an expensive car, i just expect things to be taken care of and to hold up better than they have. I still love the car though, i just wish i didn't have these problems.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

2k = uneven wear on tires....needed alignment. I had to pay

6k = warped rotors.... would only resurface. Warranty.

7k = broken belts in 3 tires. Never raced. said no warranty. Call Yokohama.
Yokohama said no coverage on tires, no way to tell if they been raced on or not. I Bought a set of new tires and another alignment.

8k = fouled spark plugs. would not cover under warranty.

9k = drivers seat upholstery on backrest came undone and material was just on seat and not hooked to the surface of the cushion. ordered a whole new seat, took 6 weeks to get and came in broken. They in return just fixed the original seat. Which could have been done in the first place. Warranty.

14k = warped rotors.... once again resurfaced. Warranty.

15k = stress crack on side of windshield by right A pillar. No impact, from a foreign object. 2 estimates confirmed crack from vehicle flex. said not warranty. Had to buy new windshield.

All these issues happened prior to mods, and car had never seen a track or strip. Car now has 26k and so far only replaced brake pads since 15k for wear items. Car will be seeing new rotors very soon due to the resurfacing twice by .

I STILL LOVE MY CAR!!!!!
Old Feb 7, 2006, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

3600 miles, wiring short fixed, strut popping, turbo outlet elbow replaced (recall)
Old Feb 7, 2006, 06:05 PM

Well, if I just let my car be, I'm pretty sure that my car would have to problems... But I started doing stuff that made the upper IC pipe pop off when driving, have hoses hit the cooling fan, reach boost cut, and etc... But it was alright, since it was with my evo...