Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Residual/Money Factor for '04 Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2004, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Mister2zx3
That really not evena comparison. thats two totally different things.. You buy what appreciates, and lease what depreciates, so leasing is definately the smart route becuase you only pay for what you use. so the MSRP really is not a factor at all. IT is just part of the variables prior to the number that matters.. In this case. MSRP - Residual = Lease Amount. And the only thing that matters is the lease amount. So the cost is not the MSRP..

So if your shopping leases, I hear BMW has some very good deals to keep that falling rock of a tool from being a big financial burden. If you dont' go to the road circuit frequently, you can use the BMW to the same level as an Evo on public roads. Which is a safe and controlled one..
Huh? It's a perfect comparo. The figures I gave were negotiated capital cost, not MSRP.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by pjork-master
And you better prey for no snow or rain... because you'll wind your pretty little car in a ditch. .

g
What? I not know dat word. Wassat? Snow? Wassat? Rain?

I LIVE IN SAN DIEGO!!!

We don't have none of dat around here!

Muwahahahahaaaaaa!
Old Apr 27, 2004, 06:26 PM

You have no way of computing that considering the car has not even cleared customs. I just checked mine and none have cleared yet. Also no bank in the world will touch Mitsu's money factor on a mitsu. You can't even use a 6000 rebate and loyalty combined using say chase or us bank rates on an 03 Diamante whoring at invoice and touch the old mitsu 03 diamante lease with no rebate. There is no doubt the Bimmer will lease better. But there is also no 330i that is half a second behind an Evo. You can't compare a 14 second car to a low 13 second car. As far as safety prove your bimmer is safer. You can't. Crash tests are the most useless piece of data available and are very misleading. They crash the cars one time, that's it. Who's to say it would perform aswell a second time or as poor. The fact is all cars today are safe and are mandated by federal guidelines. You could die in a bimmer just as easily as you could live through an Evo oe vice versa. Pick your car based on what you like. If you want to go fast get an Evo. If you want an average at best all around car get the bimmer. Let's face it if you can afford either car, you are producing fine in life and 20 or 50 dollars a month isn't going to make a bit of difference. Time is by far your most important asset.

The evo gets pretty good lease for the 04 year... It can be had for about 400-430 a month depending on how Good you are at negiotiating [/B][/QUOTE]
Old Apr 27, 2004, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by kurichan

I'm not sure what you're getting at. There are different measures of performance. The 330i w/Performance package is a performance car and I prefer it to the bone jarring ride and the squeeks and rattles of the Evo.

It is about 0.5 seconds slower to 60 than the Evo, but it's safer, more solid, quieter (some people like that), and doesn't have that silly wing on the back.

The BMW is refined performance, the Evo is raw performance. It's just a matter of preference. But I am certainly sure that you are not capable of judging whether I'll be disappointed if I don't get an Evo. Isn't that rather presumptuous?
It seems like you made up your mind and I'm not sure why you're even posting here. Go get your 330 and be happy. Although I must say you are wrong if you think the 330 even comes close to the Evo any performance category. .5 seconds slower to 60? with the right launch the Evo can do 0-60 in the mid 4 second range so you are saying the 330 can do it 5 seconds? no way and that's just acceleration, what about handling? Even the M3 can barely hang w/ an Evo on a road course. As for safety I doubt the 330 is any safer than the Evo, the Evo's brakes alone can make it a safer car to drive. Before you ask yes I've driven a 330, an M3 and I own a Evo. IMO, you should not be shopping the 330 and the Evo as they are worlds apart. Both cars have their purpose and you should know which one you want and not even think about the other.

Last edited by evil8; Apr 27, 2004 at 07:26 PM.
Old May 5, 2004, 08:43 PM

Last edited by RSXster; May 5, 2004 at 09:31 PM.
Old May 5, 2004, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by EVOLVD8
The evo gets pretty good lease for the 04 year... It can be had for about 400-430 a month depending on how Good you are at negiotiating
where did u guys see that there going to start leasing Evo's? My dealer said for the '03 Evos that they werent leasing them b/c of such a low residual. which is preventing me from getting an evo in the next year. i leased my RSX, and i want to lease my next car, and i want the Evo lol, dont force me into a STi or 350Z just cause i can get them on lease.
Old May 5, 2004, 11:14 PM
fre
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hehehe I passed one of those 330i things trying to outrun me after holding me up on a two lane highway pass. He was a dog until like 70-80, but I still walked passed him. Of course I have quite a bit more power (330ish) On the twisties my car seems to do just fine. Not as good as a miata I have driven, but what do you expect. I can squeel the tires in this car without pooping my pants too... gotta love that.
Old May 6, 2004, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
www.leasecompare.com is where you can get kick *** leases
Old May 6, 2004, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

they dont have the Evo yet for 2004. and i have to use Mass info cause they wont lease in NY.