Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: What company?
Vishnu
43.14%
WORKS
20.26%
RMR
3.27%
Buschur
33.33%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

What company should I go with?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2004, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buschurs prices are priced right. They are also usually the lightest and best performing. The thought and design behind their parts makes them stand out from the crowd. They dont just design "replacement" parts, they improve the design.

As Buschur says, "We are innovators, not imitators"
Old Apr 23, 2004, 05:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Buschur. As mentioned before, the price and performance of their parts are hard to beat. However, they also respond immediately to any problems you may have, which is very helpful.
Old Apr 23, 2004, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

Since you mentioned excellent quality parts, I have to say Vishnu.
Their exhausts are tops. The Xede performs flawlessly.
You get what you pay for.

The "bang for the buck" goes to Buschur for decent quality at good prices.

My almost unbiased opinion.
Old Apr 23, 2004, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

Buschur. Bang for the buck hard to beat. Also very easy to work with and they are very honest. Will not sell you things you do not need. I have been very happy with my dealings with them.
Old Apr 24, 2004, 02:31 AM
Evolved Member

I vote for Works. High quality and good performance. Buschur prob has best bang for the buck though
Old Apr 24, 2004, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Buschur Racing is an AWESOME company....but your overlooking one!!!

AMS

They have some of the nicest stuff I have seen!

Go check them out.... www.automotosports.com

Or call them 847-709-0530. Ask for Eric or Kris.....tell them I sent you!
Old Apr 24, 2004, 09:07 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Secret Chimp
Hey guys. ezhangin asked about 4 specific companies HE is considering (for one reason or another). He does not need to choose from an exhaustive list of ALL tuners. So if he doesn't have your favorite tuner listed, don't try to foist them upon him....and don't post.

SC~
Old Apr 24, 2004, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

it depends on what you are looking for and if you can afford any downtime and how mechanically savvy you are...if you are not very experienced or don't want to sacrafice any time without your cari would go vishnu since its all preloaded or you can download the maps according to your mods. but if you are wanting to save $ and can afford downtime and make the adjustments to the afc yourself you could go with another. however i cannot suggest one since i have no experience with any other of the tuners except bushur (intake removed).

my 2cents
vincent

i voted vishnu...kinda biased, like everyone else.
Old Apr 24, 2004, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Vishnu gets my vote.

After doing a lot of research on said topic, I'm going with Vishnu pretty much all the way. The Xede/Xede Flash combo seems to be very solid - very customizable and in my opinion safer than some of the other options available out there. That, a lot of good reviews (including magazines), and the fact that Shiv goes around the country doing 'dyno days' puts me solidly in the Vishnu camp.

My upgrades (planned/in progress) are:

- Vishnu Stage 1 Signature (this will go with their upcoming stage 2) - beginning of May
- Walbro fuel pump - will be installed w/stage 1 kit
- Omori 52mm gauges (will order beg. of May)
- Craighardy's gauge panel - it's on the way!!! wohoo
- Ugraded stereo (Alpine/Infinity Kappa) - going in next week
- Some misc. body work (custom badges, etc.)
- braided clutch line w/ poly shifter bushings

Some things I'm thinking about, but haven't made my mind up on yet are:

- Wideband O2 sensor
- Carbon Fiber parts (trunk, rear strut brace, dash replacements)
- Custom Gauge Cluster (overlays or replacements)
- Suspension - not really sure about this at all yet, since the stock suspension is really damn good, and I don't want to trade looks (ie. lowered stance) for handling ability and ride quality

Some things on the plate for next year:

- Volk LE28N or CE28N wheels and tires
- Stage 2 kit

Peace
Old Apr 24, 2004, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

buschur and magnus are the best i think
Old Apr 24, 2004, 01:26 PM

everyone voted.... but no one said WHY they chose such and such tuner...
Old Apr 25, 2004, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

Personally, I think this is a REALLY bad approach. Don't marry yourself to one company. You have a brain, use it and make intelligent, educated choices. Don't just blindly choose a company. You should research each upgrade and understand what's at stake.

Additionally, the companies you are comparing don't have equal offerings.

Cheerleading polls like this are just retarded. This is like a Coke v Pepsi debate. It is just opinion and furthermore opinion based on little facts. How many people answering these polls have actually, in person, compared parts between providers? Not many!

I have installed a Burshur exhaust and a RMR exhaust. There are huge differences in quality. Depeding on what you are doing, it may not be worth paying a little extra for that quality. Burshur puts out a fine product at great prices. Depending on your needs, it may be worth the extra $$$ to get a different set up. Know your needs!

The good news, every vendor(and others not mentioned) in your poll has things they do well. Educate yourself, know your needs and use your own brain to decide on a mod by mod basis or stage by stage basis.

Bottom line, you have to know what you want, not just post some dumb@ss poll and go blindly with the poll results.

Sorry for putting out a hungover rant, but this poll is really bad.
Old Apr 25, 2004, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by jimmyv65
Personally, I think this is a REALLY bad approach. Don't marry yourself to one company. You have a brain, use it and make intelligent, educated choices. Don't just blindly choose a company. You should research each upgrade and understand what's at stake.

Additionally, the companies you are comparing don't have equal offerings.

Cheerleading polls like this are just retarded. This is like a Coke v Pepsi debate. It is just opinion and furthermore opinion based on little facts. How many people answering these polls have actually, in person, compared parts between providers? Not many!

I have installed a Burshur exhaust and a RMR exhaust. There are huge differences in quality. Depeding on what you are doing, it may not be worth paying a little extra for that quality. Burshur puts out a fine product at great prices. Depending on your needs, it may be worth the extra $$$ to get a different set up. Know your needs!

The good news, every vendor(and others not mentioned) in your poll has things they do well. Educate yourself, know your needs and use your own brain to decide on a mod by mod basis or stage by stage basis.

Bottom line, you have to know what you want, not just post some dumb@ss poll and go blindly with the poll results.

Sorry for putting out a hungover rant, but this poll is really bad.

Geez - give this guy a break. Sounds like he's trying to make an educated decsion about an upgrade path and wants to benefit from the experiences of others. This is a reasonable starting point. The quality of the poll will really be dependent on the quality of the responses.

I, in fact would like to provide a different view on some of the comments above.

In my case, I chose to go primarily with one tuner. I believe that there is added value in the sum of any given tuner's parts. Ie. my guess is that although any free flowing exhaust would work with Xflash etc, it probably works optimally with Shiv's signature exhausts. I have a full time job, and it isn't tuning evo's. it actually makes a lot of sense going with one tuner - any of the tuners - buschur, works, vishnu spend a hell of a lot more time making their cars work well than I do. They are experts. I rely on their (Works, in my case) expertese. I dont think that mixing and matching will improve on the work they've already done. Could make things worse though.

I agree, there is little data to compare tuners in a side by side fashion. Thats unfortunate. Its also why polls like this come up - so that peple can at least learn about the experiences of others and try to make an educated decision.

As far as the hangover goes, take a couple of asprin and drink 2 glasses of water before you go to bed next time. It'll help you feel better in the am.

to the original poster: I went with Works and am very happy. You cant go wrong with any of the tuners you mentioned though.
Old Apr 25, 2004, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

i agree to jimmy65. i use an ultimate racing dp, random tech cat, rmr catback, ralliart i/c piping, hks cams 264in/272ex, vishnu cam gears and xedeflash...you can use any of the vendors' bolt ons but your primary power adder will be your choice of engine management. this all goes back to my previous post on how experienced you are and how much downtime you can afford.

most of the people who responded and voted have biased opinons.
Old Apr 25, 2004, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

I remember being in this same position a few months ago. I first started out wanting to go the WORKS route which I am sure would of been fine. Then I found out that Vishnu makes tuning trips up to Portland and that pretty much made my decision to use their engine management system (XEDE). To me, having someone that could tune my car was very important. If Boost Solutions was right down the road from me then I would be running an AEM EMS and they would be tuning it.

For you, AMS is in the next state over and they seem to know what they are doing when it comes to the EVO. I would definitely give them a call.

I wish I could say that Vishnu is the best and everything else is not, but I can't. I have never been in another EVO or seen the performance of other tuned EVO's personally. All I can say is that mine is alot faster then stock and I have had no major problems.