Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Down With Mitsubishi

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2004, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm, Supra, Elise, and the NSX will not be in the same class. $$$

Totally different beasts.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 11:23 AM
SoR
Evolved Member

I hope they don't drop prices because it would hurt us current owners. The new models with more goodies should be more expensive. If you want a cheap car go buy a Kia.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by NYEVO8
[B

And on a side note, dont know if you people know this but there is a law suit in japan now on mitsu for denying warranty and not informing their customers of recalls. makes you think how many recalls our cars have that are being kept locked in the ceo's desk [/B]
Yeah, this is what will break the camels back. Companies that operate this way will not survive the long run. Mitsu deserves bankruptcy. Poor product, Poor customer service, Poor business philosophy. This is not the Japanese way.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Secret Chimp

The alcantra (ultrasuede) material in the 03's is much better for those who actually bring their cars to the track.

When is the last time you saw real race seats covered in polished leather?

SC~ who hates leather
2 weeks ago at the track when i saw a porche gt2
Old Apr 27, 2004, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by 4G63_Attack
I hope mitsubishi will drop the price for the Evo. There is a lot of new sport cars are coming out soon. Like the new Supra, Elise, the new NSX, a more powerful G35 and much more
Man that is a funny list you made.

Supra - not being made.

Elise - $40K

New NSX - not for at least a year or two and around $90K.

More powerful G35 - haven't heard anything about that, but IF the 350Z gets a turbo I could see it eventually but not anytime soon and it would have to be at least $40K.

So none of those cars are ones that Mitsu has to worry about. I'm not saying there are no cars that compete with the Evo I am just saying they are already out and about and the Evo is priced well for the market. Dont expect to see prices fall.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 11:50 AM

i think people expect quite a bit of their car companies. the only dealer i have ever seen treat warranty work happily was infiniti. bmw sucks at this, mercedes sucks at this, and chevy sucks at this. don't wish too ill of the evo, i like mine more than my 400hp m5. my clutch went out at 6000 miles in my evo, and i'm pretty sure it was my fault since it probably had 100s of hard auto x launches on it. to tell you the truth, i never really expect the dealer to warranty anything except a complete engine or tranny death, since everything that breaks on them is considered a wear item, or they just say you abused it. you should see what can void your warranty on a new m3, practically anything that involves revving the engine.

i don't really give a damn about mitsu, but i sure hope they don't quit building the evo. on a sad note they had to suspend the trading of their stock in japan the other day because it lost 25% of its total value in one day of trading, which is the limit for a japanese company in a day of trading. i think it may have been degraded to junk stock. now is a good time to show your support for the company and buy up some cheap stock, buy enough of it and you can tell them how you want the next evo built. or you might just lose all your money. i wonder if the merger will come back into play in the near future. then the neon srt and the evo would share a platform. cheaper tuning parts for all.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 11:51 AM

Leather racing seats? WTF? How do you not slide around with leather seats?
Old Apr 27, 2004, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

many high end sports cars come with leather sport seats. you have to understand that it not only the material of the seat keeping you in place its also the design. a bucket seat is made to keep you in place, hugging you at the shoulders and at the legs. yes it is true that the material we have our evos does keeping you from moving completetly, but look at the design it hugging you at the shoulders and the legs. material is maybe 40% of what is keeping you in place in the evo recaros and 60% the design. any correctly designed bucket seat will kepp you in place no matter what the material, (as long as its not ice). anyway as soon as the seats show some wear, or cigg burn there def. becoming two tone leather.

this is not inteded for any leather haters just my thoughts.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by 2112
Leather racing seats? WTF? How do you not slide around with leather seats?
easy:

Old Apr 27, 2004, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by HobieKopek

The perils of trying to market to the youth.
Well, I'm consider myself young, at 26, and got the 0,0,0 deal, but since then have paid my car payment on time every month, since then, so it's not everybody, but if that's the reason mitsu (mmc) is going down, I dont feel responsible.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 03:29 PM
SoR
Evolved Member

Some people love leather seats and some don't. My opinion is that it should always be available as an option.

That is one thing I don't like about Honda. No options. When I picked my Accord V6, I had to get leather seats and now I hate them.
If Mitsu actually makes that option available people would be able to customize their car more to their likings. I respect that.

I would love to get leather armrests and side door panels though. That's probably something I would use from the 04 Evo if it's available. The mouse skin we have on 03 wears out like nothing. My Evo has only 3500 miles and it already shows signs of wear.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont understand how some people think that Mitsubishi will bankrupt. Funny Mitsubishi is a country by itself in Japan. They sale office AC system, TV's to computers. Did you guys know that Mitsu used to make TANKS for the japanies army. Mitsubishi will never turn its younger sister down they will always fuel them no matter what. We will hear talk here and there but Mitsubishi cars will always be there.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 03:53 PM
SoR
Evolved Member

In Europe I bought a can of tuna fish with Mitsubishi name stamped on it, the only difference in logo was it had 4 diamonds.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by blonde

2 weeks ago at the track when i saw a porche gt2
You only get to see GT2's every 2 weeks? Must be a poor neighborhood! huhu. Even those seats have some non-polished leather parts that are designed to hold the driver in place, right?
Old Apr 28, 2004, 02:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Secret Chimp

You only get to see GT2's every 2 weeks? Must be a poor neighborhood! huhu. Even those seats have some non-polished leather parts that are designed to hold the driver in place, right?
i resent that!! i'll have you know that i have many nice cars in my neighborhood including a gt3 and an enzo (it helps when i live a block away from the ferrari dealership). and no, the gt3 seats are full real leather but when you look at the bolsters and the design of the seat, it is easy to see that you are not going anywhere. like someone already said, the metarial of the seat is not as important as the design of the seat. for example, my brides seats can be made out of leather and vasaline and i will still bet you that you will not move an inch while racing.