Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

"Fastest evo in US" came to my work today

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2004, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its the way u have the car set up. obviously he is running high lift cams and probably high conpression pistons. Its real hard to do it safely. Like i had a 11.2 -1 compression in my civic and only had it doing 13 lbs but it juiced 300 whp with a ported head and cams. Its all about compression w/ turbo. can't really have both ... well u can but its dangerous
Old Apr 27, 2004, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
neonhero, its not really about size, its more about pressure. although size does matter when ur pushing like 30psi , most people like to keep it down or at least to the volume of all 4 pistons but no more
Old Apr 27, 2004, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Why would he run 14psi when stock is 19?

Originally posted by typeR430
...did 11.4 on pump gas pushing only 14PSI...
Why run at 14psi? When you're making that much power, de-tuning it for street driving kinda makes sense to me. Heck if you can still run 11.4's on crappy pump gas at less-than-full boost, you'll pretty much smoke anything on the street. Save the real power for the track.

Hehe, of course if it was ME driving, I'd want full power ALL the time, but that's just me...
Old Apr 27, 2004, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Wow - Ive seen a few threads now claiiming "fastest Evo in the US" - Hmm i wonder who it really is. Lets not forget the home garage mechanic that built the hell out of his car but does not want to advertise it to the world. People are to quick to claim the honor whether it is documented or not.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by neonhero

I guessing that the car in question has an upgraded turbo. You can't think of it as 14 vs 19 PSI. Think of it this way. Say the stock turbo is a straw, and the upgraded turbo is a 1 inch pipe. You can blow 14 psi of through both, but the 1" pipe will have more volume.
^^Nope, bigger turbo has nothing to do with actual volume. Better intercooler, more efficient manifold, ported heads...this adds up to better volumetric efficiency which then gives you more volume at the same boost....
Old Apr 27, 2004, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

when i worked at Austin subaru we had...and they still have a built STi

409whp....competed in the big bend open road race

got a lot of publicity and a lot of poeple onto the showroom

also got us in the newspaper
Old Apr 27, 2004, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

he had an upgraded huge turbo, all the internals were toda, forgot which cams he had, but he said hes at 8.5:1 CR, XS intercooler and all sorts of crap
he said he can turn one of ours into a mildly modded race car with about half the power hes making on his, but it would give basically any street car a run for the money...as far as warranty goes i dont think we could offer one, since there would probably be a good amount of work done, but im sure SRT would put their own warranty on whatever they add...seems like a decent deal to me, if u guys are interested ill tell my boss to make a deal like that, anaheim mitsu had one of their cars built and dyno'ed in their showroom, they wanna do the same with us now, be a good alternative to an MR...(i went to a mitsu meeting, met some executives, they said its not coming anytime soon, so dont get a hard on yet)
Old Apr 27, 2004, 07:41 PM

This is complete and utter BS. It's so bogus its laughable. 11.4 on pump gas, yea, ok. Low 10's with Toda and XS engineering parts. Yea, ok. Give me a break.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by metaphysical
This is complete and utter BS. It's so bogus its laughable. 11.4 on pump gas, yea, ok. Low 10's with Toda and XS engineering parts. Yea, ok. Give me a break.
You are right on target! This is bogus the guy is full of CRAP. Some one needs to let him know that if he wants to see real cars to come check out BOOST SOLUTIONS, AL DYNOFLASH, BURSCHUR, AMS and VISHNU and a few other respectible tuners. He should have his head thumped for just saying those words becuase that flags BS right from the start!
Old Apr 27, 2004, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by OnlineAlias

^^Nope, bigger turbo has nothing to do with actual volume. Better intercooler, more efficient manifold, ported heads...this adds up to better volumetric efficiency which then gives you more volume at the same boost....
Eh, actually you are wrong A bigger turbo increases VE along with the other things you mentioned.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 11:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Re: "Fastest evo in US" came to my work today

Originally posted by nastea1

well technically 11.2 is the fastest, documented and video proven car in the US......and that's Dynoflash's Car.
Where's the video? I'd love to see it!
Old Apr 27, 2004, 11:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by GTVEVO

You are right on target! This is bogus the guy is full of CRAP. Some one needs to let him know that if he wants to see real cars to come check out BOOST SOLUTIONS, AL DYNOFLASH, BURSCHUR, AMS and VISHNU and a few other respectible tuners. He should have his head thumped for just saying those words becuase that flags BS right from the start!
...dang, what's with all the playa-hatin'?

Personally if the guy really is able to make 640whp (even if it's on a generous dyno), then more power to him and my hat's off to him. Right now all we have is hear-say anyways. Maybe it's BS, maybe it's not, but I'm sticking with the innocent until proven guilty MO.

Where's the love? ...

Last edited by Ludikraut; Apr 27, 2004 at 11:32 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 11:59 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Where's the proof? Ask this guy to post on here. Btw don't mean to shoot the messenger but it would be cool to see if this is for real or not.
Old Apr 28, 2004, 01:45 AM
Evolving Member

yea i had a hard time believe him, cuz that would be the fast car ive seen in my whole life, but um hes on socalevo.net alot, my frend on that forum went to a meet with his evo, the meet was at SRT motorsports, all the guys met him, suppsodely people heard of him? but tahts the stuf that HE told ME, i dont remember what turbo he had, i just remember on his intercooler there was a big XS engineering painted on it
Old Apr 28, 2004, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Ludikraut

...dang, what's with all the playa-hatin'?

Personally if the guy really is able to make 640whp (even if it's on a generous dyno), then more power to him and my hat's off to him. Right now all we have is hear-say anyways. Maybe it's BS, maybe it's not, but I'm sticking with the innocent until proven guilty MO.

Where's the love? ...

Sorry dude I didn't mean to sound so harsh but it is just hard for me to believe but I also didn't mean to the messenger. Just to make that statement is a bold move.

GTVEVO