Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Back in business!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2004, 03:20 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Back in business!!!!

the only thing wrong with the evo was a starter put back in incorectly and the trans not put back in properly as well when they did my clutch, the power loss was due to the fitting on my lower intercooler pipeing having a tear in it and collected oil there.....im so excited!!! i wish people woudl pass judgement over on before the solution is found out!!!!!!! and to those who bet i deystoyed the car...sorry im back with Buschur stage 4 on the way!!!
Old Apr 27, 2004, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

sssssssssssuper.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 03:24 PM
Account Disabled

thanks!!!
Old Apr 27, 2004, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

Awesome man.... I know how it feels to have your Evo out of commission and to not know why there is power loss etc.
I got a hole in my new Buschur FMIC and had to have it replaced. Finally got it replaced and the car does not seem right. Feel power loss in 1,2,3 gear, not seeing same boost as in 4th and 5th. Also seems to be runnign rich. At least I can drive it again now... It was killing me to see it sitting there with the bumper off waitign for the new FMIC. Anyway I am heading up to Quantum Racing on Thursday to Pressure test the entire intake system and to hook up a wide band for some tunnnig. I hope to be back in business myself soon.

Congrats on being back up and running... now go out and enjoy your car....

-Doug
Old Apr 27, 2004, 03:35 PM
Account Disabled

thanks man!! its people like you why i still use these boards.....it truly makes me feel good knowing that someoen knwos how it feels and can relate, just seing it being pulled onto the flat bed made me wanna knock someones teeth out, now knowing its a starter and a intercooler fitting, i can laugh about it...im excited to do the sateg 4 from buschur and Als reflashing it in a few weeks, gonan be awesome!! thanks again man!!
Old Apr 27, 2004, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

No problem... and you are going to love the Buschur Stage 4... They are a great company. David, Dan, and Jarrod are all great people to work with.

Yes - I felt your pain...it is something that you can not relate to unless it happens to you. No one could understand why I was so upset. Nice to know there are other out there.

take care,
-Doug
Old Apr 27, 2004, 04:00 PM
Account Disabled

yeah im excited for the stage 4, all i need to complete it is injectors, cams, pump, and MAS pipe..ill be ordering it next week and Al's reflashing directly after, its gonna fly, a guy at Englishtown ran a 12.5 on it only peaking at 16 psi due to evc issue and ran 11.8 last year on it...i liek my boost at 23!!!
thanks again!!
Old Apr 27, 2004, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

Glad to hear everything is copasetic.

I have not heard of any IC pipes tearing, but its very plausible. Was it in part to the boost, or just a random happening?
Old Apr 28, 2004, 05:19 AM
Account Disabled

it wasnt the pipe itself, it was the fitting that conected the pipe to the intercooler from the lower intercooler pipe..i think it tore because when i did the clutch and im hard shifting, when you engage the next gear and slam it , it realy throws the car back and i think the pipes pinched the fitting and tore it....i love the ACT clutch, i recomned it!!!
Old Apr 28, 2004, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

Glad your back. Stage 4 is nice, I'm lookign foward to it myself.

As fas as people passing judgement before the problem was found................you solicited opinions on here yourself about what the possible problem was. Anyway, glad it wasnt the head/gasket/bolts.

Are you goin to the SpringNationals this weekend?
Old Apr 28, 2004, 05:54 AM
Account Disabled

car wont be done in time, ill be ready to go in about a month, it getting insatlled at Pruven, then ALs flashing it...so im gonna let the car sit till i bring it up there, shes been through a lot!!!!