Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Any word on the Evo VII's from Evolution Import? It has been months with no word....

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2004, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To those of you still wanting an Evo 7...Now that the Evo 8 is here, with a little of "this and that" you could probably bring over an Evo 7 as a "highly modifed" Evo 8, I know of a Blue Evo 7 in ?Georgia? and of course we have the good ol Evo 5 here in VA
Old May 14, 2004, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

say what?

The government (as sloppy as they are) would not allow an Evo VII to come over as "a highly modified" evo VIII......

I think a few states have very lax laws concerning "kit cars". Bill Reily (reilly and scott racing) brought an Evo V over for "racing", then somehow claimed it was a kit car and got a kit vin number from the state of Indiana... My state requires receipts for every item purchased on a "kit car" to make sure it is a kitcar and it isn't made out of stolen pieces.

One guy did put a Evo VII frontend on his Evo VIII.

Originally Posted by Hittman
To those of you still wanting an Evo 7...Now that the Evo 8 is here, with a little of "this and that" you could probably bring over an Evo 7 as a "highly modifed" Evo 8, I know of a Blue Evo 7 in ?Georgia? and of course we have the good ol Evo 5 here in VA
Old May 14, 2004, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Hittman
This post shows that you have very little knowledge regarding car importation.
Old May 14, 2004, 09:08 AM
choad

and posts in a thread talking about how a company FAILED to be able to import the 7 for awaiting buyers on top of it..

Try a search on EI my friend..the thread will edumacate you..

maybe.

Last edited by M3lachsilber; May 14, 2004 at 01:36 PM.
Old May 14, 2004, 04:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Secret Chimp
This post shows that you have very little knowledge regarding car importation.
I never said that I had any at all... , but just because the government wont allow one thing doesn't mean that it's not possible(anything is possible in )...maybe highly illegal, as for importing cars over here, just ask Bill Meade (of Bill Meade Motorsports) in New England, he has 2 or 3 Evo 5 RS's sitting in the lot (wrecked of course), now the government requires these cars shells to be crushed, or requires to have the car half-cut prior to importation, some people just have the know-how to get around this predicament. As for the Evo 7, it is NOT an Evo 8, he had posted on here for awhile but posts in other forums now, and even has his own website.

And as for the Evo 5 here in VA, its not the only 5, there are two others that are daily drivers, one in NY and one in FL...believe me if you want something that BAD, you can get it, not to mention the 2 Skyline GTR's we also have here

But Im not supposed to know about any of this, I'm not educated like my man Secret Chimp....

Last edited by Hittman; May 14, 2004 at 04:51 PM.
Old May 14, 2004, 08:28 PM
choad

I think it seems Bill Meade has the know-how to get around the importation issues in this case..

But I still wouldn't buy a salvage title, mileage unknown car ESPECIALLY an imported one with no papers..

You can get cars over here with big money and a lot of headaches..no one will deny that it is possible.
(read..Takes $$$ not BRAINS!!)

But to do it for an EVO 7 with the 8 already in the states??!

Why waste the cash and go through the grief..active diffs, blah, blah, blah.

Soon, it would be a waste to import the Skylines as well..

Cuz there on the way!!