Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

SCC - Ultimate Street Car Challange

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2004, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think its great no matter who wins. I don't think you should break it up on price though. Its the "Ultimate Street Car Challenge", not the "Ultimate Budget Street Car". I mean, yea it would be nice to see some more reader friendly cars win, but oh well. We all know the rules. The readers pick the cars that get entered. Can't blame SCC for that. They put the form in the mag, if you want to enter, you fill it out and submit. Then, when the issue comes out with all the entrants in it, the readers vote for the cars they want to see in it. Then, SCC just runs the tests on a point basis. If the Vipers win, so be it. Its like watching the ALMS. Should they ban the Audi R8s because they win almost every time??? No They win because they have a car that takes full advantage of the rules in their division, and they have a team and company that know how to win. Same goes for Mumford and the Viper. Given the tests that everyone knew the cars were going to be tested on, his car was the one that took advantage of it the most. That, and the fact that he's such a great driver, and knows how to make a car go fast. Everyone knows by now what the testing is going to be like. If someone shows up with a car that just dominates, then so be it. All the better actually. It is the "Ultimate" street car.

Hilg
Old Apr 30, 2004, 12:34 PM
Evolving Member

if they want to please the readers, have an ultimate street civic challenge. haha.

not doggin on the car, just think that would be the car the majority of the readers will drive.
Old Apr 30, 2004, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by moviemadness
When did they banned pushrods?
cuz what I remember was that the viper won two years ago and also was a contestant this year - correct me if i'm wrong though.

Maybe i'm the one who's biased. I never had a thing for domestics. They just seem like gas guzzling drag queens with no handling capabilities.

btw, is your avatar the amuse supra? that's a dope car. did you see the MINES GTR? now that car is just crazy.
They banned pushrods and 8cyc+ cars at the time attack they put on last month. Try reading my last post again. Your sterotype of domestics is only partly correct, a stock zO6 or Viper are very, very capable cars.

And yes, it is the Amuse Supra. Good eye.

EDIT: PMUM was Paul Mumford's (RIP) s/n. He dominated the last USCC.
Old May 1, 2004, 10:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Josh just called with an Invite for the "Buschur West" EVO Looks like we made the short list (word is Sparcos coming too, damn wana bet they have better seats than I do?) wish us both luck!!!!
Old May 2, 2004, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

There's a video around from the SCC challenge a few years ago with the red supra. You should see him doing the freestyle burnouts. So much smoke and spinning you can't even see the car. haha.
Old May 2, 2004, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by moviemadness
Even though the 350z won it, they just had to becuase it was too obvious that it was overall better than the viper, even though they all had the viper in mind. That goes for the year before, when they had the red supra, the viper took it again just cuz it had 23423434 hp. (I hope I don't start an import vs domestic argument)
actually it puts out 23423433 hp.....that's at the crank
Old May 2, 2004, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

close enough