Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

SCC - Ultimate Street Car Challange

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2004, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SCC - Ultimate Street Car Challange

Is someone going to enter their car in the challange, and represent for the EVO crowd? Maybe one of the vendors that is putting down some crazy power numbers?
Old Apr 29, 2004, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Someone better, I was surprised no one entered into the last one. No more DSM's representing the true champion of 4G63!!!
Old Apr 29, 2004, 04:21 PM
Evolving Member

what's the point. those guys just love vipers anyway.
Old Apr 29, 2004, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

i know, they're biased. i'm sure a corvette will win this one again
Old Apr 29, 2004, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

Even though the 350z won it, they just had to becuase it was too obvious that it was overall better than the viper, even though they all had the viper in mind. That goes for the year before, when they had the red supra, the viper took it again just cuz it had 23423434 hp. (I hope I don't start an import vs domestic argument)
Old Apr 29, 2004, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I remember correctly, the Supra won the dyno event (629 RWHP I believe), and anyways, the skyline should've won . So a 350Z won this year? The yellow one? Forgive me, I havn't read SSC in 4 months due to forgetting to resubscribe and being lazy .
Old Apr 29, 2004, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

the supra won the dyno event but the viper won the entire contest. I think the said "gruesome horsepower" or somethng like that.

the yellow 350 one this year. I think it was supercharged too.
Old Apr 29, 2004, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

moviemadness, are you saying SCC has a bias towards Vipers?

You couldnt be further from the truth. In fact theres a story about PMUM's dominating victory on the road course the year before last. SCC kept thinking there was something wrong with there timing equipment because PMUM was so damn fast. Hell, at the time attack SCC put on last month, they specificly banned pushrods and any engine that had more than eight cyclinders. These rules were made for the sole purpose of not letting Vettes and Vipers in.

Think about it, why would a magazine that is read by FWD import lovers want to run a Viper on the cover? Its just bad buisness.
Old Apr 30, 2004, 01:10 AM
Evolving Member

When did they banned pushrods?
cuz what I remember was that the viper won two years ago and also was a contestant this year - correct me if i'm wrong though.

Maybe i'm the one who's biased. I never had a thing for domestics. They just seem like gas guzzling drag queens with no handling capabilities.

btw, is your avatar the amuse supra? that's a dope car. did you see the MINES GTR? now that car is just crazy.
Old Apr 30, 2004, 01:12 AM
Evolving Member

also, what's PMUM?
Old Apr 30, 2004, 01:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Score
Think about it, why would a magazine that is read by FWD import lovers want to run a Viper on the cover?
to motivate the readers. everybody loves to hate a villain.

If SCC favors anything it's pretty cars that are also decently fast. Sadly it should be the other way around, (i.e. fast cars that are decently pretty). Those pampered pussies can't stand riding in cars that don't have AC, full options, and a full interior with a complete sound system, so I **** on them and their idea of a true street performer.
Old Apr 30, 2004, 05:27 AM
Evolved Member

And how did you come up with this insight? I've been reading SCC for almost 5 years now, have kept every issue and I have yet to see the bias that is being described here. This magazine isn't Consumer Reports or MotorTrend...they actually drive the car as enthusiats and rate it based on actuall "street" performance, not just "oh, the seats are too stiff and the radio controls are too far away" like the rest of those ***** magazines. Get a clue.
Old Apr 30, 2004, 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

I read the readers voted which car enters the Ultimate SCC Challenge. I don't remember anyone mentioning that poll here. Someone should give a heads up for everyone if an EVO is nominated next year.

AXIS 350Z won because the top cars broke down and couldn't finish. It's more of a decathlon, so endurance and reliability wins.
Old Apr 30, 2004, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

The readers vote, but first the readers have to submit their own cars, or at least the ones who wish to contend. There's a form in one of the issues, where you submit info of your car and pics. The comfort is also part of the test, so it does count. Road noise, driveability, comfort, etc.
Old Apr 30, 2004, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Endurance, street gas and street tires shoudl be used. its a great way to educate folks as to what really is required to go fast in a daily driver. Not a trialer queen, or C16 dyno queen. As for Vipers and Corvetters kicking lots of ***, what do you expect, they are very superior performance cars. You know it's more important to have great results than to whine how you lost with "better" technology.. tech means nothing without results. It would be nice to see SCC break up into a few catagories based on price though. He who spent the most money isn't always very useful to readers.

Quick Reply: SCC - Ultimate Street Car Challange