Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

03 evo 7

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2001, 04:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but the thing is everyone wants a faster car but at the same time not everyone is a racer...(this is a neutral statement so don't flame my ***)
Old Nov 14, 2001, 06:31 AM

I guess there is something to be said about a cast iron block after all.
Hibern8r
Old Nov 14, 2001, 09:43 PM
Evolving Member

No i dont mean that it is superior to the WRX just becuase it costs more.. it is a superior car becuase its more powerful, more options, comes already to race good brakes transmission isnt a piece of $h!t and its just an all around better car then the WRX so yes i wouldnt be supprised if it is around 30k..
Old Nov 17, 2001, 11:38 PM
Evolving Member

"transmission isnt a piece of $h!t "

The STi's transmission, which is what you should be comparing the EVO against, is most definitely NOT a piece of ****.
Old Nov 18, 2001, 01:00 AM
Evolving Member

nothing about either car is a piece of ****, imho. The STI and Evo are almost identical in every performance aspect, with the STI actually costing MORE than the evo. I would prefer the Evo, even if they were the same price though. Thats just me, I wouldn't have a valid arguement towards anyone who prefers the STI. The cars are just too similar. Saying either car is genuinely superior to the other is something we can debate about until we're blue in the face, but the fact of the matter is, the cars acceleration, handling, and top speed are pretty much the same. as are the HP and skid pad ratings. The Evo has larger brakes, and thats just about the only advantage, and you wouldn't even be able to tell in daily driving.
Old Nov 22, 2001, 06:20 PM

I saw 2 at a shop in Huntington Beach a couple months ago. The guys said they were prepping it for a show and showing to press. They would not let me take pictures. I got to sit in it, and look at the evo 6 Rally car. I have a WRX, but after seeing that car in person, i REALLY decided i need one. I will be inline as soon as they come here.
After all this rambling, my point is that most times, people will not let you take pictures of it or drive it or anything.
However, it really looks like its coming.
--Adam
Old Nov 25, 2001, 12:37 PM

I already like it here...
it reminds me of all the rumours about the WRx coming over....

I have driven a EVO VI in Europe and well I have a quite intimate relationship with a red WRX.

Comparing them and adding the previous Impreza GT (turbo version in Europe) I would say hands down the EVO is alot more car.

If Subaru brings over the STi in 2003 then auto enthusiasts will have more of a choice.

Unless you want to get an Acura RSX

Cheers

T.
Old Dec 7, 2001, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

280 HP

A few people on the board talk about how much HP the EvoVII really has. From what I've seen, the legal limit in Japan is 280 HP, so who knows what the Evo actually has before an ultra conservative dyno (on a 100 degree day with 87 octane gas). Only a real dyno from a stock Evo would say for sure. I'm surprised there aren't more of these posted on the net. Maybe its a conspiricy by all the Evo owners not to let on to the Japanese gubment.

Please take my Civic Si so I can get an Evo, STi, 350Z or RX-8. It's all butta baby! We're about to hit a sports car renaissance, enjoy it.
Old Dec 7, 2001, 10:43 AM

Talking

well my guess is that it is a conservative estimate but this is crank hp and not at the wheels. Also it get more complicated since different dynos use different methods to dyno cars and they hp may not be the same.

but still I will go for an EVO at 280hp. Kind of tired of the endless options of upgrades that cost an arm and a leg. (make the cars so much fun thou )

cheers

T.
Old Dec 7, 2001, 11:14 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

The 280hp is definately doable, the car is definately going to require premium unleaded fuel. Maybe they'll bring a 250hp version (more conservative ECU) and the 280hp the next year. As long as the differences are in the ECU and exhaust systems, then I won't care much because it's all easily replaceable.

Mark
Old Dec 7, 2001, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

Maybe they ARE measuring the HP at the wheels and that's how they get their low ratings!

Maybe they're measuring the HP with a banana in the tailpipe!

Old Jan 27, 2006, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

made u look
Old Jan 27, 2006, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

ha you dumbass, you must be really bored to dig up an old thread
Old Jan 27, 2006, 09:59 PM
Evolving Member

wtf? 5 year old thread.