Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

03 evo 7

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2001, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 evo 7

I work for a mitsu dealer and i can tell you all that in the fall of 02 the evo 7 will be here as a 03. It will have 280hp every dealer will get only 2 or three and sticker will be about 30k and you can expect to pay between 5-10k over sticker
Old Nov 3, 2001, 09:44 PM
RaX
Evolved Member

Re: 03 evo 7

Originally posted by meanrick69
I work for a mitsu dealer and i can tell you all that in the fall of 02 the evo 7 will be here as a 03. It will have 280hp every dealer will get only 2 or three and sticker will be about 30k and you can expect to pay between 5-10k over sticker
Unless you have already signed a contract at MSRP.

meanrick69, do you have any proof to back up your info?
Old Nov 4, 2001, 12:14 AM

This info is from a sales meeting in vegas last month. Mitsubishi had a couple U.S. spec evo 7's here at our dealer a few weeks ago for the techs to see. Just wait and see!
Old Nov 4, 2001, 03:39 AM

30k? You serious?? Well, looks like a butt ugly WRX wagon for me. I'd rather take that extra $$ and upgrade the hell out of it. Matter of fact, I think the competition just multiplied. I can't think of another car that can do what the WRX does for $24, but when you push it up to $30... ...other makers start coming from behind the bushes. It better be one hell of a car to stave off those drooling money grubbers who want a piece of the action. 280HP shipped? You gotta show me something! I do believe you on a mark up to some degree. Oh, I'm sorry, this is the rumor board. I'm ok now.
Hibern8r
Old Nov 4, 2001, 05:02 AM
Evolved Member

US spec WRX - 220HP

RUMORED US spec e7-280HP

the e7 is much better looking

imo after all the WRX hype...now when ppl look at the car, they just want to see the $$$ driving itj/k
Old Nov 4, 2001, 09:07 PM
RaX
Evolved Member

Originally posted by meanrick69
This info is from a sales meeting in vegas last month. Mitsubishi had a couple U.S. spec evo 7's here at our dealer a few weeks ago for the techs to see. Just wait and see!
And I'm sure you took some pics, right?
Old Nov 4, 2001, 10:47 PM
Evolving Member

In Canada, AFAIK it's illegal for a dealership to sell a car for more than MSRP. Does that apply in the USA?

I've heard that some Canadian dealers get around that by actually purchasing the car, marking it up and then selling it to an unsuspecting customer... who is now in fact purchasing a second hand car. Well that's what I read anyway, don't know if there's any truth to that. Sounds fitting that such a loophole be exploited though.

BTW, if the selling/market price of the USDM's first E7 run is $40K USD then I wonder what price will adorn Subaru's STi V7?
Old Nov 4, 2001, 11:42 PM

Weird, I live in vegas and the sales manager at the local place said that they want to bring it here but that it is far from 100% guaranteed to come.
Old Nov 5, 2001, 06:22 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

If you can sell a car for more than MSRP and people will pay I don't see why they shouldn't do it.

$30K isn't too bad if it's the same car everyone else gets.

Mark
Old Nov 5, 2001, 11:14 AM

Originally posted by Hibern8r
30k? You serious?? Well, looks like a butt ugly WRX wagon for me. I'd rather take that extra $$ and upgrade the hell out of it. Matter of fact, I think the competition just multiplied. I can't think of another car that can do what the WRX does for $24, but when you push it up to $30... ...other makers start coming from behind the bushes. It better be one hell of a car to stave off those drooling money grubbers who want a piece of the action. 280HP shipped? You gotta show me something! I do believe you on a mark up to some degree. Oh, I'm sorry, this is the rumor board. I'm ok now.
Hibern8r
You have completly failed to see that the EVO is a HUGE step over the WRX we have here. Scoobies answer to the EVO is the STi WRX Which I expect to see around a simliar price range.
Old Nov 5, 2001, 02:19 PM

You have completly failed to see that the EVO is a HUGE step over the WRX we have here.
[QUOTE]

No I haven't. What I am doing is taken what I know to be fact, US WRX(which I have test driven) and guaging it against what is at this point only a US bound rumor. Sure, I read about it in November SCC but that could not be confirmed. However, that can be the only EVO that you are referring to because at this point, there is no vehicle for the US. I remember going to the Mitsu dealership shortly after the new Galant debuted and inquired about the Galant VR4 coming to the states. The manager said that it would cost more to bring over than most would pay. So what's changed now?? Anyway, I'm not ******* the Evo. Even for $30k it would be a deal. But only if it came in the way it was tested in SCC's article. If it does, I doubt very seriously that it will come in at 280hp because most its the target audience wouldn't be able to afford the insurance. As far as "HUGE step", I think both vehicles possess individual qualities which are superior over the other. Right now, were only dealing with that whole bird in the hand vs. two in the bush analogy. That's why I said, "you gotta show me something!"

Hibern8r
Old Nov 5, 2001, 09:47 PM

All the V.P.'s for mitsu told the senior staff that they did not want the evo in the U.S. unless it had the 280hp. So all you know all the story's going around about the evo7 is all markiting for Mitsubishi, they are not conferming to the public on purpase. Who knows why they do what they do? I'm telling you guy's what i've seen and herd from our Mitsu dealer's owner and G.M. As far as having pics of the couple evo's we had for the tecs to look at i had nothing to take them with.
Old Nov 5, 2001, 09:55 PM

I'm ready to drive one! The DPSM for our dealership will not say if the rumors are true, BUT the guys at tech school are talking up a storm. They speak of 280hp and all wheel drive. The only guy I know who has actually touched one did it in Japan. He said driving it was better than sex (he's almost 60).
Old Nov 5, 2001, 10:03 PM

By the way, I'm not in sales! So dont think im trying to B.S. you guys.
Old Nov 6, 2001, 04:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by mitsutech
The only guy I know who has actually touched one did it in Japan. He said driving it was better than sex (he's almost 60).
no, just touching will give u the best damn orgasm u ever had

the evo is NOT a competitor with the WRX

is a competitor with the WRX STi

a japanese WRX has 247hp...and has nothing to do with an evo

Quick Reply: 03 evo 7