Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Tow hooks?

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2004, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tow hooks?

Does anyone know where the tow hooks are? A friend of mine and I are towing the Evo to MB on a trailer and we are going to chain her down to the tow hooks. I imagine it is under one of the plastic shroud pieces up front, but which side? What about the one in the rear? I think I remember seeing that there is one in the back, but where is it?

Thanks.
Old May 2, 2004, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear tow hook is dead center in the rear. Front tow hook is under the most center plastic piece, just slightly offset toward the driver’s side of the car. Removal of the center plastic requires removing 3 metal screws and god-knows how many plastic retainers.

The retainers must be unscrewed about 3/4 of the way out then pulled out. You can take the screw all the way out but it makes the removal of the retainer a tiny bit less easy to get out. Just back the screw out just enough so when you pull on the screw the whole piece just slides out.