Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Everyone wants to drive my evo...

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2004, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Everyone wants to drive my evo...

I just got my black evo this friday, so I'm still getting acquainted with the car. One thing I've noticed, and should have expected, is ALL my friends want to drive . I'm 19 years old, and all my buddies are about the same age...I don't even completely trust myself with the car yet...I'm having a hard time feeling right about handing the keys to other young guys who wanna see what it's like to romp the gas and shave corners...even if they promise to be gentle, i know that's not whats on their minds. At the same time, a lot of these guys have let me drive their cars before...but nothing like this thing. Anyone else have this problem? I wanna be a selfish evo-owner and baby the thing and keep all the fun to myself heheh
Old May 3, 2004, 01:49 PM
Evolving Member

I wouldn't let them drive, but thats just my opinion.
Old May 3, 2004, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

No way

No Way I would let any one drive my bebe ~
Old May 3, 2004, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

i let a few people drive it

but then i got mods so the only people i let drive it are me, one of my friends who i trust can control the car, and my brother

But my brother acts like he's afraid of it sometimes even though he has the Sti
The evo is just mean :-)
Old May 3, 2004, 01:55 PM

do NOT let anyone else drive. for the simple reason that one little accident, no matter how small can put a blemish on your friendship. i only drive an OZ and my friends don't touch my car, unless they have their own and show competence with it.

there was some story on here a few weeks ago about a guy whose son took his car out and wrecked it. would you want the same thing to happen to you?
Evolved Member

Whatever you do, do not let any girl drive your car.

Even if she offers you head, DO NOT let them drive.
Evolving Member

What else did you expect. Be proud they want to drive it! Just dont let em!! Ha, ha
Old May 3, 2004, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by thetruthhurts
there was some story on here a few weeks ago about a guy whose son took his car out and wrecked it. would you want the same thing to happen to you?
Got a link to that? I must've missed that one.
Old May 3, 2004, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Don't let them drive. You can let them sit in the drivers seat without the keys and go "BRRRRRMMMM... pshht... BRMMMMMMM... pshht" with their mouth, but that's about it.
Old May 3, 2004, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I personally wouldn' t let any of my friends drive my car just becuase most of them don' know stick and just drive bad period. I don't have my car yet, but I learned manual 3 years ago and have had plenty of practice one a car with barely any torque (try only 110 to the wheels!!!). I am trying to persude a friend of mne to let me try his evo out , but he has trust in me and hopefully will let me. But yeah, just let people you turst try out the car, and ONLY after the proper break in is over, becuase they obviously wont care to keep it under 3500 RPM.
Old May 3, 2004, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

I would not let them drive your Evo. I have heard a lot of stories about friends crashing other peoples Evos. The fact is, it is not their car, so they don't have to worry. So they are willing to take risks that the owners might not want to take. I let a friend drive my Evo once, and he almost hit some parked cars trying to drift it. I was very stupid to let him drive it. I was lucky, and he missed the cars. But, my heart stopped for a few moments.
Friends don't let friends drive their Evos.
Old May 3, 2004, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

just give them a ride, i'm sure they'll appreciate that
Old May 3, 2004, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Im also 19 with a Tarmac black evo and I have the same problem. I only let my friends who i trust not to beet on it, and those who are used to driving high performance cars. Its def not a car the ave driver can just drive for the first time and try to push its limits. I let my gf drive it in a parking lot for about 5 minutes and i almost had a heart attack lol. So now shes limited to the passanger seat and errrr sometimes the back seat
Old May 3, 2004, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tenkra
I just got my black evo this friday, so I'm still getting acquainted with the car. One thing I've noticed, and should have expected, is ALL my friends want to drive.
I say no for two reasons:

(1) The car ain't broken in yet. No way I'd let anyone drive it who doesn't have the discipline to keep it under 3K rpms. I doubt any 19-year-old male would fit the bill! Probably the first thing your buddies would do is mash the throttle to "see what this baby can do."

(2) As a rule, don't let anyone drive your car who can't afford to pay to replace it.

Emre
Old May 3, 2004, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

If you have to ask, you know the answer. NO. You obviosuly don't trust your friends..