Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Extended Warranty help please....

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2004, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extended Warranty help please....

I am considering a purchase on a 03' Evo w/12k. It has the Mitsubishi extended warranty purchased by the original owner. It is 60/60. Can anyone give me the specifics on what this covers? Also, if the extended warranty is not in use can the original owner sell it back to Mitsu. Any info appreciated- He paid 980.00 for it-
Old May 4, 2004, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

I paid $980 for 7yr/100K. It covers engine and drivetrain. There is a $100 deductable. Not sure if this is the same though.
Old May 4, 2004, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

I can give you some details...I've just done this recently.

I purchased my Evo with the Extended Warranty - it begins once the 'regular' warranty ends. In my case, anytime warranty work was authorized (after the 36/36 warrantee ended), it would cost me a $100 deductible, regardless of the work being done.

NOW, here's the kicker - unless you're keeping the Evo stock, the extended warranty, IMO, is worthless. I realized that early on, therefore, I went to the dealership and asked that the ext. warranty be 'reimbursed'. They basically sent the the purchase price of the warranty (about 1K) BACK to the bank that did my financing...

Hope this helped...
Old May 4, 2004, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

Hmmmm.... interesting. I wonder what they consider aftermarket? I will be leaving it stock for the most part. I guess the current owner can then remove the 980.00 from his payoff. I am trying to factor this into my purchase price. It still may be helpful in case of tranny problems etc.....................