Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Beware of SRT Motorsports in California

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2004, 05:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just wanted thank you guys for taking time out and reading my post . The thread at SoCalevo was locked by the moderator.

I think Sam will be more cautious next time he needs to address an issue like this.

I'll let everyone know what happens after I contact the Better Business Bureau. Maybe Sam will reslove this issue and I won't have to take him to court.

Thanks again
Old May 7, 2004, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Wow....glad I haven't had that kind of treatment yet.
Old May 7, 2004, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Smogrunner
Keep in mind guys that we have only heard one side of the story. Prosailortim might be right and he might be the problem. He is a newbie and most of us don't know him from Boo.
I can vouch for Tim since I frequent socalevo.net often....He is not a child. He has shown nothing that would lead me to believe he is in the wrong here or that he is needlessly causing a scene.

As long as this thread does not turn into a flame fest, it will remain open...

SC~
Old May 7, 2004, 09:02 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

Wow. It doesn't matter how big the scratches are or how visible they are, the fact is that they're there and they weren't before. It's often the little things that can pose the biggest upset when you take great pride in your vehicle. The owner's (Sam) attitude just plain out sucks. If the secratary is upset by getting hassled then maybe Sam should be a man and pick up the phone. Good luck with your pursuit.
Old May 7, 2004, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
thats why i never let anyone to touch my car.
Old May 7, 2004, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

prosailortim: It's me from socalevo. I wish you the best of luck. Let me know if you need work done that you obviously won't have SRT do. A new shop opened up here in socal recently. It is one of my sponsers, www.harmanmotive.com

It is a full dyno facility and you will be treated the way you deserve to be.

-Darwin
Old May 7, 2004, 04:39 PM

Do you guys want to do business with SRT now?

http://www.socalevo.net/forums/viewt...343&highlight=
Old May 7, 2004, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

To be honest, you shouldn't have posted that last PM exchange b/w Sam and yourself. You told him to take it to PMs (and hence off the public boards), so it was disingenuous of you to post a little itty bit of an exchange that shows Sam making angry comments. We don't know what went on before that particular exchange (via PMs) and by right we shouldn't know, all PM exchanges should be kept private (or at most privately reported to a mod if you think someone is out of line). I don't think it's honorable to tell someone to enter an ostensibly private exchange and then splash the contents of that exchange for the world to see.

I'm a mod at one of the WRX forums, and I really wouldn't like ppl making PMs, especially embarassing PMs public like this. Since I'm just a n00b member here, take it as my two cents and nothing else.

BTW, I still think you're the wronged party here, I'm just saying you shouldn't have done what you did in that last post at socalevo.net

Last edited by Turb0flat4; May 7, 2004 at 05:57 PM.
Old May 8, 2004, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hueman
hhmmmm... srt... arent' these the guys that went to the one dealer and claimed to have the fastest evo in the us? daily driven 10's?
thats the same guy, i saw him yesterday, seems to me like his shop is a good one. honestly, i get a lot of **** and feel like a punching bag here at Mitsu(because of rude customers) what makes them think i WANT to help them out after all that **** they gave me? I still put up with it unless my boss specifically tells me not to
remember THERE IS ALWAYS A RIGHT TO REFUSE BUSINESS
my boss got his car done by Sam yesterday
my boss is considering to make a deal with Sam and have him tune one of our stock evos as a project and sell it.
would u guys still be interested after this? Sam said if we do make a deal together, he would back every part that was done to the EVO
Old May 8, 2004, 10:55 AM
.L.
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tweakdsm
thats why i never let anyone to touch my car.
i hear ya on that one.
Old May 8, 2004, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sam@SRT
You have too much time on your hands

and I am sorry, you wont recieve a Christmas card

[QUOTE]

Maybe he doesnt realize that the people who use/read these boards buy a lot from these vendors. As of this moment 1149 people have viewed this thread....there has to be at least a few lost sales in there somewhere.................
Old May 8, 2004, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by typeR430
thats the same guy, i saw him yesterday, seems to me like his shop is a good one. honestly, i get a lot of **** and feel like a punching bag here at Mitsu(because of rude customers) what makes them think i WANT to help them out after all that **** they gave me? I still put up with it unless my boss specifically tells me not to
remember THERE IS ALWAYS A RIGHT TO REFUSE BUSINESS
my boss got his car done by Sam yesterday
my boss is considering to make a deal with Sam and have him tune one of our stock evos as a project and sell it.
would u guys still be interested after this? Sam said if we do make a deal together, he would back every part that was done to the EVO
Personally, just reading the exchange, I woud have to say no just because we know he is bending over backwards for you guys to get a deal with you. But, if he is going to even treat one customer the way he did Prosailortim, then it really shows his true colors as a business person.

It's never the good customer exchanges that mark a true standup business - it's the ones that go terribly wrong that show the true colors. It's like anything else in life, where hardships really determine the quality of character and it should not be any different in business. SRT's quality of character took a big hit with this nasty public exchange. Sam should have kept his keyboard quiet and dealt with this privately. He needs to feel the retribution, otherwise, he will do this to more people more often in the future. JMHO.

Brent
Old May 8, 2004, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Wouldn't taking this to court where it belongs then post the findings and where they can be verified be the prudent and fair thing here?

I spent many years as a service mgr. and certainly had my share of unreasonable customers as well as mistakes by service personel (myself included). If the work is not right, I would take my car somewhere and have the work corrected. You did not have to trust Sam a second time. It is important to document the faulty work with pictures and an assesment by qulified source. If Sam did not meet his obligations then the court will see to it that he makes you whole. The BBB just accumulates complaints.
Old May 9, 2004, 01:23 PM

[QUOTE=BuLocal]Originally Posted by Sam@SRT
You have too much time on your hands

and I am sorry, you wont recieve a Christmas card

Maybe he doesnt realize that the people who use/read these boards buy a lot from these vendors. As of this moment 1149 people have viewed this thread....there has to be at least a few lost sales in there somewhere.................

srt lost my business...
Old May 10, 2004, 06:21 AM

Wild Rice, That's exactly what I'm doing today. I'm getting the paper work for Small Claims court today. I'm letting the court decide who's in the wrong here. I'll keep you all apprised when when the court date will be.

Quick Reply: Beware of SRT Motorsports in California