Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Beware of SRT Motorsports in California

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2004, 06:36 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Small claims court? For what? Jesus lighten up. It's a car.
Old May 10, 2004, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bimmubishi
Small claims court? For what? Jesus lighten up. It's a car.
I think that's exactly the point ... it IS a car, which means a very large investment for most of us. FWIW I have not read Sam's half of the story, but the bottom line is that prosailortim's ride was messed up and since SRT won't make it right, prosailortim is now forced to shell out extra $$$ to have it fixed. That's what small claims court is all about ... recouping your lost $$$ as a consumer. I've run my own consulting business for a long time now (computers) and, yes, every once-in-a-while I end up screwing something up but I always make it right again, even if it means spending a lot of extra time and $$$. Running one's business without customer empathy these days is just not feasible.
Old May 10, 2004, 07:06 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with making it right but something is messed up about going to such distances for a car that has only small scratches on the dash board that can apparently barely be seen. The heat shield is like $35 bucks. I don't know how much you guys are making but if you can afford an EVO your time should be worth more than $35 bucks an hour meaning that it's not worth going to court over for a day or two worth of lost work time.
Old May 10, 2004, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Bimmubishi
I agree with making it right but something is messed up about going to such distances for a car that has only small scratches on the dash board that can apparently barely be seen. The heat shield is like $35 bucks. I don't know how much you guys are making but if you can afford an EVO your time should be worth more than $35 bucks an hour meaning that it's not worth going to court over for a day or two worth of lost work time.
Well, it's true that dollars are very little BUT I think it's more on principle now ...
Old May 10, 2004, 05:59 PM

Read the whole thread at SoCalevo... Yes, it's principle now.

By the way, damages are more than $35.00.

Can't replace the lens on my Defi BF E.G.T. gauge (according to Defi in Texas) that's $265.00. Haven't priced out the dash repair or the new heat shield yet. I'm guessing those items would be in the neighbor hood of about $125.00 to $175.00 range (for both).

Plus I wasn't treated fairly, and the owner of SRT (Sam) didn't keep his word.

Would you let him get away with it so he could do this to someone else? I'm trying to help other Evo owners out here in So. Calif. so the same thing doesn't happen to them.

I'm making Sam (the owner) accountable for his actions.
Old May 10, 2004, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

this thread will now be linked to our site in Louisiana

see sig

Last edited by Jadiem; May 10, 2004 at 08:50 PM.
Old May 10, 2004, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

I dont see the point of that, but ok. These guys are a shop in SoCal. They rarely ever do any online orders or mail ordering. 99% of their business is local brick and mortar stuff.