Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

3 EVOs in Austin???

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2002, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by akademiks
wow that'd would of been sweet seeing 3 evo's lined up like that...reminds me of the emperor team from initial d...
hell yeeeeeah
Old Sep 10, 2002, 04:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Since I have seen two of the EI Evo's on flatbed trucks (a red and blue one) driving southbound on the 405, it sounds like Mitsu test vehicles to me. I mean, they covered up the number on the back AND they had no spoilers on the back, plus they were numbers. I don't know about you guys, but I want to see one through twelve

BTW, the EI Evos had the VII proudly displayed, and the only parts covered were the hood, roof, and top of rear bumper with that protective plastic film.

e in la
Old Sep 12, 2002, 05:19 AM

But normally don't they do all there test on a private track far away and under raps from the public, for a number of reasons, they don't want anybody to see, they don't want to run the risk of anything stupid happening on a public highway it would be very hard to save face trying to tell your boss that you let 3 04 cars never released in this country out for a joy ride in the middle of a storm to test on a public highway only to have them get into an unforseen accident! I don't think so. also they would have to have some kind of plates on them, be it tx plates or where ever there home office is i think CA plates but i'm not sure. plus i could probably go on E-bay and get an evolution trunk plate and put it on my 97 NON TURBO(i am very disgruntaled over this fact i need a turbo car) Talon but that is just my opinion on the matter, you saw what you saw don't let me stop you.
Old Sep 13, 2002, 11:59 PM

I believe you. I've previously seen twice preproduction cars in testing and they were both in august (coincidence?). 2 yrs ago I saw 2 new (the '02's) Hyunday Tiburons outside Bryce Canyon stopped at a cafe. One had the 6spd and the other automatic and they were full of computers inside. Pretty cool. Then about 5 yrs ago I saw the new M5 and another BMW with dlr MI plates and german stickers in Big Bear (again on my vacation). Maybe I should go on vacation more in Aug??
Old Sep 17, 2002, 03:32 AM

For those of you that live near Detroit you can verify that you see plenty of test vehicles on public roads nearly weekly.

BTW you can always honk your horn if you want the driver's attention