Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Leather

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2004, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Leather

I guess I am different from the rest of you guys, because Im not waiting for the RS or the MR or anything else, Im waiting for the 2k4 Evo with Leather and upgraded stereo. Does anyone have any pictures of the Leather interior? My *** just doesnt feel right in cloth seats, ive gotten used to leather. When you turn 28, I think that happens, especially when you have to work 75 hours a week. Thanks everyone.
Old May 7, 2004, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the EVO FQ330 from the UK has leather seats.
Old May 7, 2004, 05:21 PM

Go to http://www.mitsubishi-motors-europe.com/ and click on the red Evo. Then find the photo gallery. The interior section has a picture of the leather seats. These pictures are on the European Mitsubishi web site, but the Evo 8 that is sold in Europe uses the same cloth seats as the US version. So I bet that it's safe to say that the leather seats will be the same also.
Old May 7, 2004, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

i can appreciate leather but it is rare that a factory upgraded stereo is really anything special, with exceptions being i think the mark levinson offered by lexus
Old May 7, 2004, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Frank D
Go to http://www.mitsubishi-motors-europe.com/ and click on the red Evo. Then find the photo gallery. The interior section has a picture of the leather seats. These pictures are on the European Mitsubishi web site, but the Evo 8 that is sold in Europe uses the same cloth seats as the US version. So I bet that it's safe to say that the leather seats will be the same also.
I want that rear bumper!
Old May 8, 2004, 11:16 AM
choad

Thats a great site!!

Check out the Grandis "MPV"..

I would driver that thing..
Old May 8, 2004, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

I like the leather too...takes some of the "cheap" out of the interior...
Old May 8, 2004, 12:50 PM

hey i have those brake air ducts
Old May 8, 2004, 01:03 PM

I was just in an 04 evo with leather seats and the upgraded sound system yesterday. It is very nice ,the interior " doesn't feel cheap anymore" I first thought the seats would be very slippery like regular leather seats but they weren't.
Old May 8, 2004, 03:53 PM

I think most dealers will install a factory authorized Mitsu leather package - not sure that it's exactly like the 2004 leather, but I had it done on my 2003 EVO and it's one of the best things I've done so far. Totally changes the interior of the car, and I think it has significantly more grip than the stock cloth seats. In fact, I think the 'fit' is more snug, particularly in the back and torso area (the leather may be thicker than the cloth). If you're mostly interested in the leather, you probably could save more than the cost of the leather install by buying an '03 model (if they're still left), compared to a new '04. As for the stereo upgrade for '04, odds are it will still be inadequate compared to what you could do on your own with an aftermarket setup.
Old May 8, 2004, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the help guys...I plan on getting a 2k4 when the come out...I have learned to not buy a first year mitsubishi. Maybe I just had back luck. But I bought the first year 2G GSX and it was a lemon. I've had 3 other eclipses, non the first year and never had many problems...So its just my little personal dumb rule.
Old May 8, 2004, 10:07 PM
Evolving Member

Did anyone see the pics of the Evo's at the racetrack? It looks just like the Super Speedway from Gran Turismo 3...How badass
Old Jun 8, 2004, 02:18 AM
Evolving Member

nice ... leather... i'm planning on getting it too