Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Possible EVO V GS-R for sale

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2004, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possible EVO V GS-R for sale

Ok here is the deal my sisters BF is shipping over his EVO V GSR from the Philippines over. The car has 14,000 KM. Current mods are just an apexi power fc. What would be a good asking price cause he is thinking about selling it. Mint condition.
Old May 7, 2004, 02:11 PM

How much does he plan to sell it as?
Old May 7, 2004, 02:16 PM
Former Sponsor

When I went to the Dominican Republic last february I almost bought the only Evo 5 Rs there for $9000usd but im sure you can sell it here for $20k easy
Old May 7, 2004, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

The car is LHD too!!! no need for conversion but it does have the JDM engine. I will post pics tommorow.
Old May 7, 2004, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Moving to Evo Gen. When its finally confirmed for sale, post a brand new thread in the For Sale Forum.
Old May 7, 2004, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

why not wait until he gets it over and then figure out what state of legalization it is in. Jeff Denmeade sells 4s and 5s for like 10-16k offroad use only.
Old May 7, 2004, 09:42 PM
Evolving Member

well 20 k is a bit high for that year... but im sure you could get even over that for the pure exclusive factor of there bein less than 50 of them in the states
Old May 7, 2004, 09:43 PM

how much to ship from PI?
Old May 7, 2004, 10:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by johnjonfenomeno
The car is LHD too!!! no need for conversion but it does have the JDM engine. I will post pics tommorow.
I hate to rain on your parade. But I feel an amount of fact needs to be injected into this thread. This car is going to spend many months in the port impound lot. Just because a car is already LHD doesn't mean the car doesn't need to be converted to meet federal guidelines.

Unless your sisters bf has done ALL of his homework, he will be very disappointed. This car not importable as is. Do a search on this site for "Evolution Imports" Read the threads and links posted by user Senor Info. You will learn why this Evo 5 isn't going to get past the docks.

SC~
Old May 8, 2004, 01:56 AM
Evolving Member

if it hass the jdm engine...its tuned for japanese gas.....can the FC counter that for 91 cali octane?
Old May 8, 2004, 02:43 AM
Evolved Member

Best bet is sticking a roll cage in it over there, rip out the interior and send that seperately under another name. Import the car as a race car. Buy a near-death Mirage of the same color and vintage, swap the VINs and drop the donor Mirage off at your local salvage yard and collect whatever the flat rate is (here its $35 and they really wont ask any questions). Take the ~$35 and go out in your new pseudo-Mirage and commission the worst toothless BJ you can. Zip-up and now enjoy living beyond the laws of the government.
Old May 8, 2004, 04:05 AM

Best bet is sticking a roll cage in it over there, rip out the interior and send that seperately under another name. Import the car as a race car. Buy a near-death Mirage of the same color and vintage, swap the VINs and drop the donor Mirage off at your local salvage yard and collect whatever the flat rate is (here its $35 and they really wont ask any questions). Take the ~$35 and go out in your new pseudo-Mirage and commission the worst toothless BJ you can. Zip-up and now enjoy living beyond the laws of the government.
Is this before or after you sell your soul to the devil?
Old May 12, 2004, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TheGVR4kid
i like the way you work
Old May 12, 2004, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TheGVR4kid
Thats what the plan is. The shipping cost will be 3,000 dollars from Manila Bay to Elizabeth Seaport in New Jersey. From what I heard from him gas over there is 95 Octane... but a ****ty 95. I think the power FC can tune the car to handle our 91~94 octane depending on your state.
Old May 12, 2004, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

just make sure the interior is "ragged" ie. race-look enough to pass for being a track car.

Quick Reply: Possible EVO V GS-R for sale