Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Rage.

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2004, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
guys tire rack and a good tire shop
Old May 8, 2004, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

Why go to a dealer for new tires? I agree, go with a tire rack recommended shop. You want a touchless tire mounting machine, tape weights and hand torquing the lugs. If they cannot provide those services, go elsewhere. There are too many cars with expensive wheels on the road. There's no excuse for scratching the rims anymore.
Old May 9, 2004, 12:14 AM
Evolving Member

i dont understand why anyone is surprised by schmitty's story.

the truth is that 99 percent of the public doesnt care about lughole scratches, chipped wheels, or 55psi. therefore, 99 percent of the mechanics who service the public don't either.

ive made it a point for the last 11 years to either have a friend at a tire store do everything, or take a walk with the store manager to inspect my wheels first and tell him that I fully expect them to look the same way afterwards, or he can buy me a new set. i even offer to pay more, and they always decline and say it won't be a problem, and they put their #1 guy on it.

simple.
Old May 9, 2004, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Turbocake
i dont understand why anyone is surprised by schmitty's story.

the truth is that 99 percent of the public doesnt care about lughole scratches, chipped wheels, or 55psi. therefore, 99 percent of the mechanics who service the public don't either.

ive made it a point for the last 11 years to either have a friend at a tire store do everything, or take a walk with the store manager to inspect my wheels first and tell him that I fully expect them to look the same way afterwards, or he can buy me a new set. i even offer to pay more, and they always decline and say it won't be a problem, and they put their #1 guy on it.

simple.

I did tell him that I want no scratches on my rims. They just didn't care.
Old May 9, 2004, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

I always use the cheap *** jiffy lubes and tire barns...I'm telling ya, nothing better than being able to WATCH them do stuff. Oil and tire changes are monkey work, which is why everywhere you go (even the much respected dealer) has a monkey doing the work. Monkeys really respond when the owner is watching....just stand there, quietly..makes all the difference in the world.
Old May 9, 2004, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

I consider myself lucky to have the dealer I do. I have never had a problem with my local dealer. I go there for everything ( oil changes, tire rotations, mount and balance winter and summer tires. ) The one thing I can suggest for every EVO owner, or anyone with expensive rims, is a set of covered impact sockets from GriotsGarage.com. It's like $50 for the set, but they are worth every penny IMO. I take the one I need with me every time I rotate or mount and balance. Also do a search in the forums here, some guy found a perfect match for touch-up paint for the stock rims. He used touch-up paint from some motorcycle he had and it matches perfectly. Good Luck
Attached Images  
Old May 11, 2004, 04:20 PM

As a manager in a small business, I'm not happy to deal with upset customers who storm in with lawyers. Give the manager an opportunity to deal with the situation before you "take this to the next level". Start with him. Treat him with respect, listen to what he has to say, and go from there. If someone comes to me respectfully, I am more likely to go out of my way to take care of the situation amiably. When someone comes in yelling "lawyer!!" I get mad and less helpful.

Originally Posted by Schmitty
Trust me, It will be controlled, but I got my lawyer involved on this already. I've already taken steps to take this to the next level if need be.
Old May 11, 2004, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Any word on what the dealer said? Its tuesday so just wondering.....?
Old May 11, 2004, 05:16 PM

[QUOTE=MaxR]inappropriate thread post was deleted ~SC[QUOTE]

Not sure where you're coming from here, but you're missing the point entirely. The service manager, in this situation, can help Schmitty or make the process more difficult. How you treat the service manager is of vital importance. If the customer wants to be a *****, the manager can be a ***** just as easily. Lawyers only make things more difficult and expensive for everyone.

As for the flower shop/bird watching comment, I'll only be censored, so I'll bite my tongue.

Last edited by Secret Chimp; May 12, 2004 at 09:49 AM.
Old May 11, 2004, 08:48 PM

Hey guys, trust me, I know how to deal professionally. I didn't go in shouting "lawyer!" as someone mentioned. I never even brought that up in the conversation with the service manager. But, the service manager started things off on the wrong foot. Thinking (wrongly) that he was gonna get one over on me (since im a "kid", im 24 btw). I eventually worked it out that they will repair all four rims, and rebalance them using tape weights. It just took me standing my ground, stubbornly, that I wasn't going to accept this "service". At no time was I obnoxious or rude, I was just stubborn.
Old May 12, 2004, 04:36 AM
Evolved Member

Hey guys, trust me, I know how to deal professionally. I didn't go in shouting "lawyer!" as someone mentioned. I never even brought that up in the conversation with the service manager. But, the service manager started things off on the wrong foot. Thinking (wrongly) that he was gonna get one over on me (since im a "kid", im 24 btw). I eventually worked it out that they will repair all four rims, and rebalance them using tape weights. It just took me standing my ground, stubbornly, that I wasn't going to accept this "service". At no time was I obnoxious or rude, I was just stubborn.

thats a good point, but if i walk in there with brand new advans such as he did, i would want to walk out with brand new advans, not repaired ones that the ****ed up on....
Old May 13, 2004, 06:42 PM

Okay - from reading your previous posts I was thinking you were going to handle it unprofessionally. That's the only point I was trying to make - deal with it in a professional manner and you'll usually get what you want. That's all.
Old May 13, 2004, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by def z
Okay - from reading your previous posts I was thinking you were going to handle it unprofessionally. That's the only point I was trying to make - deal with it in a professional manner and you'll usually get what you want. That's all.
No Its all good. I know what you mean. I just won't take **** from people when I know whats going down. At the same time, I know how to handle it and how not to handle it. Pissed as I may be, that won't make me unreasonable.
Old May 13, 2004, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So any update?
Old May 13, 2004, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

i have yet to see any pictures of how "bad" these wheels look.... why didn't you get the stock advans put on? i really didn't read every post in this thread because everyone is more full of crap than the next...