Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Rage.

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2004, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rage.

Took the car to the dealership to mount and balance my tires (Kumho ASX's).

Result? All four rims have literally CHUNKS taken out of the sides where it looks like the kid used a rusty crowbar to mount the tire. Theres also gouges from the socket on the airgun in the tunnels for the lugnuts. Thats not the end. I'm driving this thing, and the handling sucks! I mean, I took a turn at 55 and I almost spun out! I'm thinking, Ok, I know these aren't the ADVANS I'm used to, but even the WORST tire wouldnt make this car handle that bad. I then get a hunch to check the air pressure. 55lbs IN EACH TIRE! WHAT A MORON!!!!!!!!! I was so pissed I stormed into the dealership and yelled for the manager, took him outside and showed him the rims. I told him that this was complete bull**** and I want all new rims. He says "You'll have to come back on Monday, I'm just the finance manager" shrugs, and goes back inside. THERE WILL BE RETRIBUTION.
Old May 8, 2004, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

Location: [6][5][0]san mateo, California..."rEpN dA YaY aReA!!"
should bring it back n complain. the tires on the evo's can only be rotated front n back n not cross-wise do to the cupping of the tire. you would see this on the wall of the tire with a arrow pointing forward n saying rotation. obviously this tech didnt use no knowledge or got help from n.e one.where i work at a local mitsubishi, we take our work seriously even if we have fun n all but under suppervision wen we dont know what to do course we ask.
Old May 8, 2004, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by JDM_FeTiSh
should bring it back n complain. the tires on the evo's can only be rotated front n back n not cross-wise do to the cupping of the tire. you would see this on the wall of the tire with a arrow pointing forward n saying rotation. obviously this tech didnt use no knowledge or got help from n.e one.where i work at a local mitsubishi, we take our work seriously even if we have fun n all but under suppervision wen we dont know what to do course we ask.

I already took them back and complained. They told me to come back on Monday when the Service Manager is there. I will be there.

BTW, I didn't get them rotated, I got new tires put on.
Old May 8, 2004, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

yea man ide go back n give that son of a B* piece of my minde if he hela f* up my rims n s*
Old May 8, 2004, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

death
Old May 8, 2004, 06:49 PM

I'm normally a non-confrontational guy, but after seeing those rims....Man, that got my blood boiling. Thats just so friggin blatantly careless. They didn't give a **** about my rims. And that means, they didn't give **** about me. THATS what pissed me off.
Old May 8, 2004, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

i wouldnt go back to the same dealer, go to a diff if its close by
Old May 8, 2004, 07:01 PM

I am going back to the same one to resolve this issue. After that, I doubt I will ever go to a dealer for ANYTHING again. It just sucks, because there aren't any good speedshops in my area.
Old May 8, 2004, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

Going back in there with rage and a chip on your shoulder is going to get you nowhere. Tell them politely you want new rims, mounted up properly. If not, BBB, court...etc etc.

That will make it easiest on you and easiest on them to replace them....
Old May 8, 2004, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Schmitty
Took the car to the dealership to mount and balance my tires (Kumho ASX's).

Result? All four rims have literally CHUNKS taken out of the sides where it looks like the kid used a rusty crowbar to mount the tire. Theres also gouges from the socket on the airgun in the tunnels for the lugnuts. Thats not the end. I'm driving this thing, and the handling sucks! I mean, I took a turn at 55 and I almost spun out! I'm thinking, Ok, I know these aren't the ADVANS I'm used to, but even the WORST tire wouldnt make this car handle that bad. I then get a hunch to check the air pressure. 55lbs IN EACH TIRE! WHAT A MORON!!!!!!!!! I was so pissed I stormed into the dealership and yelled for the manager, took him outside and showed him the rims. I told him that this was complete bull**** and I want all new rims. He says "You'll have to come back on Monday, I'm just the finance manager" shrugs, and goes back inside. THERE WILL BE RETRIBUTION.
I had the same problem with sears, i noticed as i was washing my car one day (after having the s-03's put on recently) that the rims were scored and looked like someone took a chunk out of it, so i took it back and they sent me to a body shop who is supposed to fix them, i have yet to get the car to them because i cant get ahold of the ****er thats supposed to do it.. Also, if you notice, the points where the "chunks" exist, or the scoring, is probably where the old weight used to be, since they had to rebalance the rims. One more thing, I had the same problem with the tire pressure also, i was checking mine at the track in preps for my first run, and come to find out they're at 45lbs! I about ****, i have them down at 36 now and they do pretty good right there.
Old May 8, 2004, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by OnlineAlias
Going back in there with rage and a chip on your shoulder is going to get you nowhere. Tell them politely you want new rims, mounted up properly. If not, BBB, court...etc etc.

That will make it easiest on you and easiest on them to replace them....
Trust me, It will be controlled, but I got my lawyer involved on this already. I've already taken steps to take this to the next level if need be.
Old May 8, 2004, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by hel_if_ino
I had the same problem with sears, i noticed as i was washing my car one day (after having the s-03's put on recently) that the rims were scored and looked like someone took a chunk out of it, so i took it back and they sent me to a body shop who is supposed to fix them, i have yet to get the car to them because i cant get ahold of the ****er thats supposed to do it.. Also, if you notice, the points where the "chunks" exist, or the scoring, is probably where the old weight used to be, since they had to rebalance the rims. One more thing, I had the same problem with the tire pressure also, i was checking mine at the track in preps for my first run, and come to find out they're at 45lbs! I about ****, i have them down at 36 now and they do pretty good right there.

Dang dude, Who the F do they hire to do their service work??? I am so beyond words at this point. I just can't believe that the service is THAT bad. No wonder why is going haywire.
Old May 8, 2004, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Schmitty
Dang dude, Who the F do they hire to do their service work??? I am so beyond words at this point. I just can't believe that the service is THAT bad. No wonder why is going haywire.
Prolly some punk *** kid who was all methed up.....that's why when you bring it back the rims will be replaced pronto...
Old May 8, 2004, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

joining to hear what happens....
Old May 8, 2004, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

I wil never ever take my car back to the dealer. These guys actually screwed up an oil change. Almost put the worng oil in my car and didn't know where the windsheild sprayer was and topped of my i/c sprayer. The kid complained when he said fluid was going everhwere. Drainage hose. He had no idea the sprayer fluid tank was in the trunk. I'm glad I stuck around to observe.

I'm sure you'll get this resolved quickly. It's obviously their fault. But do as I will, never ever take your car back to the dealer.