Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

people with I.C.E. beware!!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2004, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
people with I.C.E. beware!!!!

I just wanted to tell all you ppl with stereos,lcds and what not...never thump it anywhere right before you arrive at your destination. I live in a pretty safe neighborhood so I thought I wouldn't have to worry but I was wrong tonite. 2 guys followed me and pointed a gun at me. They had me drive down the alley and thats when they took all my subs,amps and ****. I had just gotten off of work and right into my garage. I was trying to paint my taillights and when they came from behind... just saying becareful and hopefully your not as dumb as me to play it near your house.
Old May 11, 2004, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow some brazing thiefs!!!!! They walked into your garage and jacked you!!!!
Old May 11, 2004, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah...when I am working in my garage at night...it is hard to see out into the dark at night. A couple times people scared the **** out of me cause all I heard was foot steps, ready go grab a weapon.

Sorry to hear about your theft.
Old May 11, 2004, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Why not keep you garages closed? Those must be some bad neighborhoods you guys live in...
Old May 11, 2004, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

thats good advice. i'm really sorry to hear you had to deal with that. people who rob others should have their nuts cut off ... I HATE theives.

i personally turn my stereo off about 6 + blocks from my house. my past cars have been broken into too often, its just not worth it.

sure hope you reported it to the popo's and they find em.

did you have serial #s on the stuff to report to the cops?
Old May 11, 2004, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

hey it could happen anywhere. my neighborhood is pretty safe but we get thugs wandering into the neighborhood occasionally. its a habit w/ me to always turn my volume down just before i get to my destinations. those guys followed him so maybe they've been plottin for some time. sorry bout your losses blue. i hope those f0ckers get caught

Last edited by ciaxtrinity1; May 11, 2004 at 09:17 PM.
Old May 11, 2004, 09:16 PM
Evolving Member

Location: [6][5][0]san mateo, California..."rEpN dA YaY aReA!!"
sorry man. jus learn from it but i know that hela suckz.same s* happend to me but instead i came back from a rave lke 2 years ago n went to my car its all jacked. jackets, speakers, window smashed. they didnt lke my water but took my orange juice lols. but F* man i was pissed as hell. even if it was my beater. ..but yea i feel u though, now i hela watch where i park n s*. everythin u buy is replacable but u aint jus remember that.
Old May 11, 2004, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

sorry to hear what happened man was everything that got stolen covered by your insurance?
Old May 11, 2004, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

Just wanted to thank everyone for their support. I just feel so helpless and angry at myself for not doing anything. I didn't think he would actually shoot a 17 year old though. And one of them said sorry we didn't mean for this to happen wtf!
Old May 12, 2004, 12:21 AM
Evolving Member

What the hell?!? They held you up and then they say didn't mean for it to happen?
Old May 12, 2004, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

When I use to "bump", I turn it down at every stoplight (I hate idiots who blast their subs at rush hour traffic during stoplights!) and never advertise.
Old May 12, 2004, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

They don't go to the ghetto to rob folks.

Bad news man, sorry to hear it, at least you are still alive.
Old May 13, 2004, 04:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, I worry about my baby as well and I don't have a garage. Mostly safe neighborhood, but we have had the random break-ins. Mostly CD's and stereos, loose change, that sort of thing.

Advice: light. Criminals hate light. A motion sensor light(s) around your garage would keep they well spot-lit on approach. My saving grace is my EVO is parked right outside my bedroom window and my porchlight (as well as all my neighbors lights), keep her lit up at night.

I have other opinions on how to deal with criminals, but you're from Texas, so you probably already know what that is

ac
Old May 13, 2004, 05:31 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bluebanana23
Just wanted to thank everyone for their support. I just feel so helpless and angry at myself for not doing anything. I didn't think he would actually shoot a 17 year old though. And one of them said sorry we didn't mean for this to happen wtf!
You did the right thing by not doing anything. I know it sounds cowardly and you're kicking yourself right now but at least you're still here. That stuff can be replaced. If you're insured then you're good to go. If not, then it sucks but you still have your life. The gun could have been fake or it could have been real and they never would have pulled the trigger and you will never know. However, you would certainly know for sure if you'd decided to do something and you might not be here today. I've had guns pointed at me before so I know what it feels like and it seems your survival instinct kicks in and you'll pretty much do anything to stay alive. It's not being a coward, it's protecting yourself and your family.
Old May 13, 2004, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UFO
You did the right thing by not doing anything. I know it sounds cowardly and you're kicking yourself right now but at least you're still here. That stuff can be replaced. If you're insured then you're good to go. If not, then it sucks but you still have your life. The gun could have been fake or it could have been real and they never would have pulled the trigger and you will never know. However, you would certainly know for sure if you'd decided to do something and you might not be here today. I've had guns pointed at me before so I know what it feels like and it seems your survival instinct kicks in and you'll pretty much do anything to stay alive. It's not being a coward, it's protecting yourself and your family.

w3rd....its a sucky feeling...been made to lay on the floor before with the dude telling me he was going to blow my mfing brains out.