Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

clutch and tire question please.....

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2004, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clutch and tire question please.....

I have just purchased a 03' evo w/12k on the clock. I am the second owner. The clutch has a "slight chatter" when warm or with some feathering. I know the previous owner and I don't think he was overly tough on the clutch. Is this about average for this many miles? or am I on the way to a new clutch? I assume it is also self adjusting.

What has been a good second choice to the Yoko's in regard to a tire that is quieter. I have alway been happy with Pilot sports-

TIA, Michael
Old May 12, 2004, 01:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
in regards to the clutch: i'm not an expert, others have a lot more technical knowledge, but I have almost 25K on mine, has chattered since new. seems normal. not any problems yet with the clutch (knock on wood)
Old May 12, 2004, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

There are a plethora of threads on clutch wear, etc. The largest one is probably this one: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=30664

I think you'll find that there are ppl like svillata who have quite a few miles with no problems, and then there are the ones who had to replace their clutch fairly early on. The only consensus so far that I can find is that when the clutch on the Evo goes, it will do so with very little warning. Personally I have just over 4K miles on mine and have chosen to go with a steel-braided clutch line and have removed the clutch restrictor. Can't help ya with the tires ... mine are still the stock advans.

Good luck and enjoy the ride!
Old May 12, 2004, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the info- I will check the thread-