Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Which Blow-off Valve?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2004, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Blow-off Valve?

I want what blow off vavle people have been using. I tried the Turbo XS and had bad luck with it had to return it the dealer said something about not being able to handle the boost. I want to hear what other evo drivers have been runnig and how it worked for them
Old May 12, 2004, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

i tried a forge, then went back to stock, i recommend stock unless your running high boost...others will say that it leaks, but i have yet to see hard evidence that it leaks, on here someone tested it, and found it not to leak so....VTA will cause you problems on the MAF system, you'll have to get standalone for it.

If anything i would recommend the Turbosmart Dualport (60/40) it blows off 60, and recircs 40% to keep the ecu happy.. plus it keeps your ears happy too
Old May 12, 2004, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

I went with Greddy Type-S. There's a very good thread on BOV's on here started by Silver Surfer, you should check it out...
Old May 12, 2004, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

GFB Stealth is a great blow off valve. Lets you do both a recirc and vent to atmosphere without stalling and bogging issues.