Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I'm sending an email to the Fin O'Neill, MMNA CEO... What should I tell him?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2004, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb I'm sending an email to the Fin O'Neill, MMNA CEO... What should I tell him?

I sell Mitsubishis and I found the CEO(Fin O'Neill) e-mail and another guy thats high up on MMNA e-mail and I want to tell them my ideas on how to make mitsu better. I want some input on my ideas and give me some of your ideas. Whats the worst thet they can do, delete my e-mail. Here's my ideas

1. The Galant and the Endeavor are on the same platform; so why don't you make the Galant AWD. That would rock.

2. When the new Eclipse comes out bring back the GSX. The Eclipse is on the same platform as the Endeavor, and the Endeavor is AWD. Then put a turbo or supercharger on it. The would be an awesome competitor for the GTO(pricepoint).

3. The Dodge SRT uses a Mitsubishi turbo part #TD04LR-16GK-6cm2. The SRT is the same price as a Ralliart. Throw the Mitsubishi turbo on the Ralliart.

4.Let Mitsu have a stage 1, 2 and 3 kit that mitsu dealers install and warranty. Of course you will have restrictions on the warranty.

5. Put the 4g63 in the Outlander. They were thinking about putting a V6 in the Outlander. The Airtrek has the 4g63. The only difference is where the steering wheel is.

6. NAVIGATION!!!. No mitsu's have navi. In Japan the Outlander even has navigation.

7. Powre Passenger seats. The top of the line Galant and Endeavor don't have power passenger seats.

8. Make a new highline product line, i.e. when Nissan was in financial trouble they came out with Infiniti. Toyota/ Lexus, Honda/Acura, Mitsubishi/....

These are my ideas. So what do you guys think? Anybody have any ideas. Come on guys think "Out Of The Box".
Old May 14, 2004, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

I could write a 100 page strategic assessment review on ... :P

I'll start with new model improvements :

Galant
Roof handles
Better lower dash materials
5-speed automatic for V6
Covered cup holers
MIVEC for V6 to improve fuel efficiency
Side-curtain airbags
Navi-system available

Endeavor
5-speed automatic
MIVEC for V6 to improve fuel efficiency
Navi-system available

Wish-list for upcoming redesigns:

Lancer
Thicker gauge frame (for better side-impact safety) and better paint
Side airbags available
MIVEC engines accross the range (2.0l to 2.4l)
Better interior materials
Cup holder cover

Montero
V8 engine (c'mon already!) or at very least 3.8l V6 MIVEC with 235hp and 265lbs/ft of torque
Adjustable suspension, just like the Montero used to have in the early to mid 90's but improved and continuously self-adjusting
Navi-system available

Eclipse
3.8l V6 MIVEC engine
Performance suspension
Better interior and build quality
Make it lighter, much lighter

Suggestions for MMSA

1) Improve dealer oversight with stricter quality control, especially for the servoce department
2) Stricter dealer guidelines to provide customer service (ethics guidelines)
3) Better educated sales force and employees at the 800 number
4) Improved warranty system with better trained reps (must show physical proof in case of denial)
5) Better quality control at MMMA

Phew!! Hope this helps. I love but they really need to listen to their customers more.
Old May 14, 2004, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

he'll probably never see the email, his secretary and other various minions will see it before he will... at least thats how it usually works..it would be nice if he did see it, but most of the time high level execs, have other people going through their email...
Old May 14, 2004, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

ABS brakes!!!

Better paint would also be a good thing to throw in. I also like what is going on with TRD, a similar concept could prove to be a hit.
Old May 14, 2004, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nastea
he'll probably never see the email, his secretary and other various minions will see it before he will... at least thats how it usually works..it would be nice if he did see it, but most of the time high level execs, have other people going through their email...
Prolly true, but we can always dream
Old May 14, 2004, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Better dealerships
Old May 14, 2004, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by blueyzfr6
7. Powre Passenger seats. The top of the line Galant and Endeavor don't have power passenger seats.
To me that is the only thing out of what you posted that makes sense. All that other stuff is just hopeless pipe dreams and is really unecessary considering Mitsubishi's current state and their position in the market, IMO.

And even still, I don't think you can get a power passenger seat in a Camry, Accord or Altima either, but it would be nice to do something they didn't.

I want side curtain airbags, an available nav system and HID lights on high line models.
Old May 14, 2004, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

All wheel drive on the Galant is a good idea...offers something that the others don't without much development cost.

The reality is the CEO isn't even thinking in these terms...he's worried about getting 3 billion dollers together to help deal with his short term debt.
Old May 14, 2004, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Whatever you do, make sure that email is written well. If you want the CEO to read, or take what you wrote seriously, you will have to spend time on how things are written.

If you are going to list out items you believe need changing/improving, use whole sentences explaining the rationale behind the why/how/what etc. "because it is cool" is not a reason.

But Nastea is right. High level executives rarely interact with their own email boxes. They have executive assistants who handle that work. And the higher up in the chain you are, the more emails you get. My boss is a VP. He likely gets about 30 emails per hour. He reads very few of them.

However, don't let that stop you from writing.

Last edited by Secret Chimp; May 14, 2004 at 01:55 PM.
Old May 14, 2004, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
I believe for mitsu to turn things around would take a small miracle. Their public image is so bad, they need to surpass what other companies are offering not match them. Pretty much every mitsu. vehicle you get in is missing something every other vehicle in it's class has.It may not be the same thing from vehcle to vehicle but, something is missing, not to mention most Mitsu's don't feel like they are screwed together very well. With the exception of the Evo, it just seems like you don't get that much for your money.To me they need to improve over all quality first, then work on their public image with something like "Rallairt North America". Show people why they should buy your car by racing it and winning in something that has some public exposure like the speed world challenge. I love rallying but, SCCA pro rally is not on tv and most of the general public has no idea it even exists. Running like crap in WRC doesn't help the image but, atleast they are there. Let's face it with the exception of the Evo mitsu. hasn't given us very much to be excited about. No FTO, No Pajero Evolution, No Ralliart parts.Why not? They can't get in much worse shape and what they're doing now isn't working. Forgive me if this sounds ignorant I was just typing what came to mind. Hope this gives you some ideas.
Old May 14, 2004, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OnlineAlias
All wheel drive on the Galant is a good idea...offers something that the others don't without much development cost.
Ugghh. Just what we need a ~28K Galant. No thank you. Devolopment costs aside, the car would be an answer to a question nobody is asking right now. How many Subaru Legacies do you see a day compared to Accords, Camrys and Altimas?

Originally Posted by Hotrod
Let's face it with the exception of the Evo mitsu. hasn't given us very much to be excited about. No FTO, No Pajero Evolution, No Ralliart parts.
On the contrary, the new Endeavor and the Galant offer plenty to get excited about. Whom they excite is what's a stake. You list a bunch of sports cars because that's what YOU want, but no car company has yet to make it big in America by offering a stable full of high tech sports cars. One or two is max. Toyota doesn't even have one at all and they are on the way to the top. You gotta have a good mommy SUV and a slick sedan for those who want a car. And a sporty car like the Eclipse that leads its class in sales, and what do you know - it does. That's your core, then you follow up with a great compact and a truck. Stuff like Evo's and AWD turbo Eclipses are fringe stuff.

Originally Posted by Hotrod
Pretty much every mitsu. vehicle you get in is missing something every other vehicle in it's class has.
Prove it. That's a pretty bold statement to make on just feeling alone. I've got plenty of documentation with side by side comparisons of vehicles to prove otherwise.

Originally Posted by Secret chimp
If you are going to list out items you believe need changing/improving, use whole sentences explaining the rationale behind the why/how/what etc. "because it is cool" is not a reason.
Absolutely.

Last edited by GPTourer; May 14, 2004 at 03:51 PM.
Old May 14, 2004, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

I would tell Mitsu to scale down to only selling EVOs
That's like the only car in their lineup that is desirable and dominant
Short and to the point business plan
Old May 14, 2004, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The one thing that shocks me is that no mitsubishi in the entire lineup has a telescoping steering column. I like to lean my seat back a bit, but if I do my arms are too damn short to reach the wheel.

Keith
Old May 15, 2004, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fourdoor
The one thing that shocks me is that no mitsubishi in the entire lineup has a telescoping steering column. I like to lean my seat back a bit, but if I do my arms are too damn short to reach the wheel.

Keith
That's a good one. While they're at it, memory seats for the Montero. And of course the age old cry from the dealers - a V8 for the Montero. Now with all the DCX reshuffling going on, the chances of that happening seem more and more remote. It will seem odd to offer a pickup with a V8, but then to have your top level SUV not offer the same engine. Now that the Australia plant is in jeopardy, I would either like to to see an extreme retooling of the Diamante into a legitimate player with real luxury car features (HIDs, Navigation, smart key fobs, perhaps AWD, killer Mivec V6 or V8) or go away all together. They like Sportbacks are cold as ice for us right now.
Old May 15, 2004, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Fourdoor

Keith
It's things like this that I'm talking about when I say that every mitsu is missing something. Point proven, GPTourer you even agree with it. What about navigation, homelink, satelite radio are these available in mitsu's. I honestly don't know because I didn't seriously consider any other mitsu's before buying my Evo.

Last edited by hotrod2448; May 15, 2004 at 06:24 AM.

Quick Reply: I'm sending an email to the Fin O'Neill, MMNA CEO... What should I tell him?