Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

help my new mitsu silver knob won't screw on right

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2004, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help my new mitsu silver knob won't screw on right

I just got my mitsubishi silver shift knob for my evo in the mail and it won't screw on right. I can screw it on all the way to the bottom but then the sticker that shows the gear and mitsubishi is on it's side. No matter what I do it screws on and then goes 1/4 of the way too far so the label is on it's side. does anyone else have this problem? what should I do?
Old May 14, 2004, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

you aren't supposed to put on the sticker until you have screwed it all the way down. after it is screwed down to your liking you line up and stick on the sticker.

i suggest you use a needle or a razor blade to pry off the sticker delicatly and then restick it.

goodluck
Old May 14, 2004, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

on a side note i actually had to do the same thing cause i bought the knob off of someone on these board for cheap. its not that hard...don't worry...just be careful pullying off the sticker to keep it in tact
Old May 14, 2004, 02:55 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
there are two ways, if the sticker and logo and already set or difficult to remove then apply some super glue and tighten it to almost tight with the logo aligned. or you can just remove the sticker at all cost then superglue it back.
Old May 14, 2004, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

not sure i would recommend the superglue...but its up to you persianevo
Old May 14, 2004, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, I have the same problem too!! I actually put the know on first and tightened the **** out of it...then put the sticker on. Now, for some unknown reason, the sticker is tilted a 1/4 of the way to the left. I guess the sticker slid to the left??
Old May 14, 2004, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

you prolly have to retighten it gottagofaster
Old May 14, 2004, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

I know when I got my shift knob, the sticker was already placed into it's final location. But the adhesive backing was never peeled...so I was easily able to pop out the shift pattern sticker, adjust it, remove the adhesive strip, and permanently attach the sticker.

Grab a pen, and run it up inside the threaded portion of the knob. There is a small hole at the top of the knob that you can use the pen tip to push on the sticker gently. If it pops right out, the sticker backing was never removed.