Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo rear panel question.

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2004, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chassis pop?

I got my Evo brand spankin new....with 50 some odd miles on it......I was curious today on how big the spare tire is...so I look back there and lift the little cardboard box thing to see....yeah the spare was there...but I noticed something on the rear panel......it had this dry white paste.....Now Im freakin out thinking the dealer had an accident with the car and didn't tell me? If anyone has time.....can they reassure me that I'm just trippin and it comes in all Evos....better yet someone that's familiar with collision repair say it's stock. I'll take a picture of it to. Or if anyone know's what I'm talking about take a picture of it.? Thanks

Last edited by MonstarEVO; May 14, 2004 at 08:58 PM.
Old May 14, 2004, 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

all cars have it, its sealer that is put on all the inside seams.
Old May 14, 2004, 08:57 PM

Whew....

So it's normal....that's cool....was losing my mind for a sec there.....another thing....I just installed the RS-R catback and HK-S downpipe.....was listening to the car with the radio off and I notice this stupid popping out of place noise...everytime I turn left or right...come to a dead stop and roll slightly...sounds like it's coming from the rear of the car....so I thought it might be some stuff in the trunk....took out everything and the noise is still there.....Now I can't seem to figure out if it's coming from the underneath the rear of the car or the front like the tranny.....it sounds like a pop like someting is hitting something or something is flexing....I was thinking that the Evo has chassis flex at low speeds? Can't be! This thing is tough. Oh btw I use to live in Murrieta last year until I joined the Air Force now stationed in Hickam AFB HI. Just an added reply from the member that commented about my paranioia about the "white paste" in the rear quarter panel
Old May 14, 2004, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

you got the downpipe installed... its probably the pipe hitting the chassis beam... i heard HKS should clear the beam but maybe yours was installed badly...