Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Bad alignment->tire wear

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2004, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad alignment->tire wear

I just had my car to the dealership to pick up my stereo relocation kit and ran down to see how much the guy wants to install my gauges. He came out and I had my tires turned hard to get into the parking spot and the first thing he says is "do you autocross this" I say no. Then he says you better get the alignment checked. The inner tread blocks are almost gone. Apparently the settings are way off on both wheels. Should I be able to get new tires out of the deal???? The car only has 2800 miles on it!!!!
Old May 15, 2004, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

hey that happened to me too!!!!!!! but mitsu sucks big fat dick so i didnt get it fixed by them.... If mitsu is reading this, YOU SUCK DONKEY *****. maybe you should think twice about how you treat your customers because i will never buy another mitsu period, such a good car and ****ty *** customer service, i knew it was to good to be true.
Old May 15, 2004, 03:52 PM
Evolving Member

you may wanna check ur tire pressure also. i had the same situation & so far nothing after i fixed the tire pressure in the tires
Old May 15, 2004, 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

my alignment on my car as delivered was WAY off. it never handled the way i believed it should. i just put springs on, had a good alignment done (in prep for a track day) and the car feels great. much less twitchy, follows road irregularities much less and corners absolutely neutral - oh i have a rre (progress) 25mm rear sway bar too.
Old May 15, 2004, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
there's nothing like the RoadRacing alignment set up by John Mueller ...
Old May 15, 2004, 06:00 PM

Tire pressures are perfect. The alignment is WAY OFF. Should I go after new tires????
Old May 15, 2004, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

The first time I had my EVO VIII aligned it was focked from there! I had excessive tire wear in the same area you guys are talkin' about at 8,500 miles. I have the TEIN coil-overs. I had the OEM tires replaced with Yokohama EVS100's and had the alignment corrected by a shop that specialized in alignments on performance cars and the problem has now been rectified! I said rectified!! huh huh huh!!
Old May 16, 2004, 12:32 AM
Evolved Member

For some reason it seems like a bad allignment is a standard option on every new EVO from the factory. Mine was WAY off................
Old May 16, 2004, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by VIII
hey that happened to me too!!!!!!! but mitsu sucks big fat dick so i didnt get it fixed by them.... If mitsu is reading this, YOU SUCK DONKEY *****. maybe you should think twice about how you treat your customers because i will never buy another mitsu period, such a good car and ****ty *** customer service, i knew it was to good to be true.
Wow...
Old May 16, 2004, 11:25 AM

My Car has 5000 miles on it and the front tires have worn out around the outer edge and even the middle part of the tires don't have much tread on them.

Anyone found some good deals on the OEM tires?
Old May 16, 2004, 11:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mike_at_home
My Car has 5000 miles on it and the front tires have worn out around the outer edge and even the middle part of the tires don't have much tread on them.

Anyone found some good deals on the OEM tires?
I saw them at around $185.00 - $215.00 ea. Discount Tire Co. had the best price, but they recommended the EVS100's...better tread life and same grip, not as soft thoough, so they are squealers compared to the A046's...