Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

the now even more famous RRM Evo

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2004, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up the now even more famous RoadRace Evo

mad props have to go to Rob and all the crew at Road Race Motorsports.
look on your magazine stands forthe new issue of Sports Compact Car and see if the car on the cover looks familiar...if you dont reconize the car you might reconize the name...yep...Rob Tallini and his Evo VIII are on the cover of the Evo orgy issue.they show 9 of the hottest Evo's in the states and from the info...Road Race's has the most Torque at 417 lbs and the most HP at 472(i knew it was a beast but DAMNNNN ...on the track it was second to the Sparco/A'pexi with a lap time of 59.01...still...damn.
anywhoos...just go out and get the mag...it's the June volume and next time you see Rod or any of his crew...give them the respect they earned...if you don't allready.

Way to go
Old May 23, 2004, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

I think the magazine might have been discussed once before...and they made the most power, but they weren't the fastest.
Old May 23, 2004, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

scan the mag
Old May 23, 2004, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

actually, RRE built it, not RRM.
Old May 23, 2004, 04:51 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RRE did build the car... more importantly Mike W. was the mad scientist behind all the tuning. The car represents both shops as Rob is the driver/owner of the vehicle. RRE specializes in the evo and thus they built the car. When it comes down to it they are sister/brother companies that work together on many things. That is why RRM has done so well with its specialized vehicles(Lancer/Ralliart/etc.) Mitsubishi fully backs both companies and they both deserve credit on the car. A lot of the Carbon Fiber products came from CarbonTrix... a division of RRM... and the RRM crew did some of that work. If you read the article there were some issues and the evo had to be toned down due to those. It was pushing 32psi at 540whp Then it went down to around 15psi, i believe, for the magazine. Either way it got great mention and deserved the Cover.

Props to RRE and the RRM crew on a great car!
Old May 23, 2004, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

Not that I don't appreciate the car and the tuning/performance, but wasn't that the only one that blew u during the test? If I remember correctly, it is the one with the hood up smoking...Again, not being negative or disrespectful at all, but I do believe it didn't make it through the entire test...I will have to re-read the article again. I know the VISHNU car had problems also...Was a killer article though, gave me a ton of ideas to look forward to in the future!!
Old May 24, 2004, 05:25 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah the fuel pump died during the event and... well... boom! But they put in a new motor during the night and toned down the boost. It was nice being a local shop. What was amazing is that the stock bottom end was handling 500+whp without any problems. As we all know... a fuel failure while in boost is deadly! The dyno you saw is from the toned down version with a new fuel pump. The rest of the testing was completed with that setup as well. The drivers were having a tough time with it even then... It was a lot to handle with that much power. What really sucked was that RRE had to take out the sequential shifter as the test drivers weren't comfortable with it. If that sucker was in there for the 1/4 mile there would have been some different times for sure!
Old May 24, 2004, 05:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by alex_alex
actually, RRE built it, not RRM.
ya...i know...i tryed to edit the title but somehow it didn't work