Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Speed Shot Revisited...

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2004, 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Speed Shot Revisited...

Greetings,

http://www.olisim.com/evo/5-26-2004.jpg

http://www.olisim.com/evo/GPS.jpg

I finally had to take another trip to Colorado and once again visited my secret, private test track… As you can see, I was using a fairly conservative boost level of 1.3 bar, and the car was loaded with 400lbs of gear, not including myself, plus 60lbs of fuel.

My tires are a bit worn, so I didn’t go for the all out top end. With the P2 Flash, I still have 500RPM, and with the GPS verified 163mph, I think 170 is within reach.

Cheers,

OS
Old May 26, 2004, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

good stuff ^^
Old May 26, 2004, 04:59 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Kind of scary though on any public road. So how accurate is your GPS?
Attached Thumbnails Speed Shot Revisited...-api-445067.jpg  
Old May 26, 2004, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

haha, you snapped a pic going 165 miles an hour
Old May 26, 2004, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Nice Map...

The GPS shot was taken during the morning at the end of the trip, or close to it. Always trying to get close to the record average speed across the US during the Cannon Ball Run. The average was 86mph... I knew someone would check on the coordinates of the GPS. That’s great…

No, the track is close to the Nevada / Utah border. All in all, I think driving to work in the Bay Area is scarier. Sure things could happen, but it would be isolated to myself and the car, plus the car made me do it.

Seriously, I know and understand the risks, but speed is addictive. I’ll see you all at the Silver State Classic in a few months… http://www.silverstateclassic.com/31...iption.htm#278, plus whatever track days I can get to…

By the way, the GPS is very accurate.

Cheers,

OS
Old May 26, 2004, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Be careful, I was crossing Nevada a couple years ago at night and had to do some real driving to keep from hitting 3 asses (mules) crossing the road. I was lucky that (a: there was some moonlight (only about 1/2) (b: they weren't nose-to-tail (c: my Thunderbird had good tires and sport suspension/brakes.
BMan