Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is Speed-Source reputable?

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2004, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Is Speed-Source reputable?

ordered about 100$ worth of items from them early in the month. took about 4-5 days to recieve any confirmation from them & i now have some unresponded e-mail messages & im getting a bit concerned...... anybody here have any experience with this company?
Old May 26, 2004, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

I have dealt with Speed-Source on multiple occasions. I have had nothing but positive experiences with them. Carl might be a little busy, so I'd try him again: cacrawfo@speed-source.net
Old May 27, 2004, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

Im guessing they're just alittle backed up as well. I ordered up the usual combo from them (bushings and clutch line) after reading the good reviews on here. I dont think I could have asked for better service, and Carl even accomodated my request for a "non-rice" colored sheathing on my clutch line.
Old May 27, 2004, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I ordered some cable bushings and got them in a timely manner. Later I ordered some shifter bushings and a clutch cable and just got an email a day or two ago saying that they are just shipping since he has been backed up. It's ok with me.
Old May 27, 2004, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

just give them time man,they are backed up right now thats why theyre shipping the orders. thats where i bought my bushings also .
Old May 27, 2004, 05:43 PM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

Wouldn't you know it, the package arrived the day after i open my mouth....

i was pleased to see the Clutch line was sheathed in black rubber/silicone for an OEM look & even had a clip nut for the center mounting point

Old May 27, 2004, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

Hey does the 2-piece shifter cable bushing from Speed-Source only work with one piece for you guys also? The one bushing was either too big or too small, I don't remember...
Old May 27, 2004, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

Both bushings from the cable kit went in and fit like a glove. Are you sure you ordered the correct one? Their are two available kits for Mitsubishis.
Old May 27, 2004, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

Really? Hmm...

Cause I actually ordered it from LancerShop.com, and I guess they order it from Speed-Source. The one bushing went in fine, but the left-to-right bushing for the shifter was either too small or too big, I forget...
Old Jun 7, 2004, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

if theres 2 available kits for the mitsubishi evo 8... then which one is the correct one?
Old Jun 7, 2004, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

there's two different kits that they sell.one for the shifter cable which consists of two metal bushings.then the base shifter bushing which has 8pcs of metal bushings.both of them are made for the evo probly cyanide got a mix up on his order so they sent him a different kit.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

How easy it to install the bushings? It says thirty minutes, but me being a little slow it'll probably take about three hours to install them. Also, how long does it take to install the clutch line?
Old Jun 7, 2004, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

the cable bushings not too bad to install it took me about 45 mins.as for the clutch line it should be pretty straight forward as long as all the tools youre gonna need is ready.also an extra pair of hands would also be good so get one of your buddies to help even if its just to hand you tools or what not.
Old Jun 8, 2004, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by johny719
if theres 2 available kits for the mitsubishi evo 8... then which one is the correct one?
There are two kits available for Mitsubishis. There's only one available for the EVO. Just read: http://speed-source.net/products/shifter_cable.htm

Install took me 15 minutes, but I didn't remove the battery or anything. Work space is tight, but manageable. If you're doing the clutch line at the same time, you'll have to take out the battery, etc... and will have a lot more room to work with.
Old Jul 15, 2004, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

i just ordered from them as well... We will see whats up.