Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My EVO is snappin

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2004, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My EVO is snappin

I just added a new 5" I/C pipe and a Semi truck exhaust stack that comes out my roof. Anyone know how to cut fiber carbon so it does not look "chaddy"? Why is the RMR hoodscoop look half ***? I made my own out of an old refrigerator door. It covers the entire vent. This weekend I am going to weld on a Cherry-bomb muffler I bought at Farm and Fleet, and am going to tub the rear end with a large ball bat.

Any suggestions on my intake I made out of a 2-liter bottle and a K&N filter of my Jet Ski? Can I bolt up 2 Mukini carbs instead of the fuel injection? I got a Turbo off an Turbo Diesel Ford....any ideas on welding this on to my EVO? I also got the ECU out of the truck so it should map out the correct fuel and air ratios with out a problem. I was thinking about doing a motor swap with a 1989 Camaro, I love those motors the 80's were my favorite for AMERICAN MUSCLE! I also need the bare foot petal and the 8 ball shifter! A guy wants to trade me a 5.0 mustang motor so i am leaning towards that so i can put on a supercharger from Paxton. also i was wondereing do you guys think that Dayton 150 spoke 15" would look good in gold with gold nipples? I also was thinking about getting suicide doors and shaving my lights and putting naked chick on my hood. her bush can be where the hood scoop is, then you can purge it and make it spit. I think the evo will be the bomb. if anyone can still find that cool classic fuzzy dice let me know all i can find is pink and green. Also my dad has a rear end out of an old dragster and im putting it in too and hoosier drag slicks. cant wait til its all done! me and my friend got some bondo last week and we are gonna mold our own body kit we are gonna use trailor skirting and i will let you know how it gos! I am expecting high 14s i cant wait!
Old May 27, 2004, 02:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
putting naked chick on my hood. her bush can be where the hood scoop is, then you can purge it and make it spit.

Thats some funny $hit
Old May 27, 2004, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

LMAO! Don't forget to make a roof air scoop. I think you could use 1/2 of a tidy cat bucket and some bondo.

The daytons are hot, but have you seen those spinner hub caps they have at autozone. Those are the bomb. You may have to use wood screws to mount the hub caps to the stock enkei rims.

Lastly, after you go with the American Muscle, you will miss the turbo noise. Buy that turbo noise maker thing out of the back of sport compact. They "suggest" you mount the loud speaker under the hood so people don't know that it's not a turbo. No way, buy two of them and bolt them to the roof next to the roof air scoop.

Your car will be the @ss wagon. You will get more women than you know what to do!
Old May 27, 2004, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why is this thread so damn funny?
Old May 27, 2004, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

You sound like a true DSMer... way to half *** it!!
Old May 27, 2004, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

rofl!!! after you get done you think you could start sellin these kits? ill ship you my evo and give you around $400,000 if you could hook me up with this sick kit!!!!! Get Er Dun!!!!!!

btw im so lookin forward to this kit im going out and gettin a mullet!!!! right on!!!
Old May 27, 2004, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ohio? are you sure you're not from Fresno? think i've seen you car down at the local "talaad Lao".
Old May 27, 2004, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

Now I am pissed, all you whining bastards who claim you are not getting the horsepower you want should read this post!! Anyone knows that running the semi exhaust out of the roof adds to exhaust pressure turbulence; this in turn creates unneccessary backpressure on the oversized semi turbo. I have seen many tuners try to re-flash for this, but the 3rd and 4th cylinder almost always exhibit a lean condition. Mitsubishi has issued a service bulletin stating this lean condition WILL be fixed under warrenty only if the semi exhaust exits out of the passenger rear door and not the roof. I hope this helps!!
P.S. I have a carbon fiber 4g63 block for sale that allows higher boost and saves 236 lbs. off the front of the car.

Stay safe,
Punisher
Old May 27, 2004, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

lol, i left my name logged in, in my brothers office, hes a porsche guy and he likes to be funny and thus he told me he posted this, funny **** i gotta admit lol
Old May 28, 2004, 07:06 AM
Evolving Member

You losers really need to get in the game Focker!
THe real ticket is the 9 cylinder BR-2 rotary engine (nice billet piece)
http://www.agelessengines.com/BR2.html
Plus I have a carbon fiber single strut wing off of an Alcohol Dragster in the garage that a blue wrench and fiberglass resin would do the trick.
A mail box (with rising sun painted on it) will make a nice roof vent.
Can beat the 89 octane and 5.63:1 compression ratio.
My only concern would be finding someone to constantly be willing to give me the old "dirt track push start" with the direct drive.... oh well, you could always park downhill and pop it.
Good luck on yer mods!!
Old May 28, 2004, 08:04 AM

I really enjoy the originality of your ideas. Someday your car can reach this level of coolness.
Attached Thumbnails My EVO is snappin-coolness1.jpg   My EVO is snappin-coolness2.jpg  
Old May 28, 2004, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ExoByte
I really enjoy the originality of your ideas. Someday your car can reach this level of coolness.

Isn't that the last master from Toyko Extreme? lol
Old May 28, 2004, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

oh and the newest craze in Japan is to install a vortex generator on each fenderwell, in many instances this can triple the downforce that your car makes on speeds above 47 mph. Also, when installing an aftermarket exhaust, get a reputable exhaust shop to weld an additional 18-24 inches worth of piping out the back of the car ( 2 feet past the bumper) this dissipates heat more effectively, adds torque at a lower rpm and also when tuned correctly can add 20-30 whp according to others who have done this mod. Also, to the gentleman who started this post , please do a search before posting as all of your ideas have been discussed in multiple other threads; it will save much time and headaches
Stay real,
Punisher