Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Emergency Insight needed.

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2004, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emergency Insight needed.

Hey guys. My clutch slips at the slightest bit of throttle. But the thing is, if I floor it, it grips hard all the way through the gear till i change gears, then it slips for a second then grips and goes all the way and so on and so on. I thought a dead clutch just slips untill u let off the gas and ease it. But mine slips at barely any throttle, but if i floor it, it slips for a second then grabs. Is my clutch dead or is this sumthin else? I took it to mitsu and they said they "checked" certain parts without takin the clutch out and said the clutch is dead from normal wear and tear. WHat do u guys think.

Also im about to get a RRE no name clutch, goo idea, bad idea?
Old May 28, 2004, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it may be that the clutch is slipping but the friction and heat created by the slipage is somehow creating a condition that increases its holding capability. temporarily. or that the increased rpm is somehow allowing the clutch to hold. either way its a sign.