Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Subwoofers and rear strut bars

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2004, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Subwoofers and rear strut bars

Has anyone found that a subwoofer and a rear strut bar (company and type, please) can fit in the same Evo trunk?

I have a Rockford Fosgate 12" sub with a 300 watt RF amp mounted to the back of an angled sub box that I want to install, but short of ordering a bar and seeing if it will fit, I can't tell from anyone's photos that there is enough room to clear roughly 5" of box between the bar and the rear seat subframe.

Has anyone done this?
Old May 29, 2004, 05:10 AM
Evolved Member

most of the rear bars will limit how far forward your sub will go. i have the bigger twin 10 box in my car, no rear strut bar due to the fact it will limit more of my trunk room. if you get a single bar type and lay your sub down then it will fit most of the strut bars with out trouble . you can email cusco and they can give the exact hieght but i havent seen any preformed box that will work. you can do a custom 12 box or change to a single 10 i have seen these but it doesnt beat my 2 punch 10 with 1200watt amp sound. i dont think the rear strut will help that much. my opinion is if you want better handling . get the rear swaybar first. hope this helps.

ps all this sweet stereo stuff doesnt help my handling because it adds 70lbs of wt.
Old May 29, 2004, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I am building a box of my own that fits between the seat and the bar. I will post pict when I am finished.....so far it is going to look great. Almost stealth like.
Old May 29, 2004, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mksevo
most of the rear bars will limit how far forward your sub will go. i have the bigger twin 10 box in my car, no rear strut bar due to the fact it will limit more of my trunk room. if you get a single bar type and lay your sub down then it will fit most of the strut bars with out trouble . you can email cusco and they can give the exact hieght but i havent seen any preformed box that will work. you can do a custom 12 box or change to a single 10 i have seen these but it doesnt beat my 2 punch 10 with 1200watt amp sound. i dont think the rear strut will help that much. my opinion is if you want better handling . get the rear swaybar first. hope this helps.

ps all this sweet stereo stuff doesnt help my handling because it adds 70lbs of wt.

Thank you for your complete and thougthful reply. The rear swaybar sounds like a better bet. I wonder how you secured all of your potent equipment so it doesn't come loose during spirited driving?