Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Ralliart knockoffs

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2004, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Thumbs down Ralliart knockoffs

I just did a search on ebay for "ralliart" and I couldn't believe all of the knockoffs on there. There are like 20 oil filler caps that are listed as ralliart but, you can look at each cap and see difference's. The carbon look on one is going one way on another it's a totally different direction. It's not even the same carbon look as the one on Vivid racings website, it's just a squiggly line. I fully believe that the one on vivid's website is the real deal, I'm using that as my reference. Some have a button head bolt on the bottom to hold the "fingers" on others it's a nut.
Hell some of them show the cap in a box that is definately not ralliart. I'm sure I'm just being my **** retentive self but, how can they sell these using ralliarts logo? Isn't that copyright infringement? I knew $20 bucks was too good to be true. I'm sure no one else would notice but, I would know.

Last edited by hotrod2448; May 30, 2004 at 07:13 AM.
Old May 30, 2004, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quality of knock offs is improving
i found a company in taiwan which makes sard knock offs
gauges, carbon fiber wings, hoods etc
their 3d cf rear spoiler was really nice and quality was good too
sometimes you cant really tell whats authentic and whats not