Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Puente Hills/ Santa Monica Dealers

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2004, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Puente Hills/ Santa Monica Dealers

I just wanted to vent my frustration here on both of these crappy dealers. Both Santa Monica and Puente Hills Mitsubishi are full of liers. First of all Santa monica still had the ridiculous 10k markup on their cars. They might as well put a million dollar markup on it because i don't think anyone is stupid enough to pay that. I called them and asked if they had a white 04 evolution with leather and the guys said oh ya sure we do, we have all the colors in leather and without leather. So i go down there to see that they have a white RS..and only a black and silver with leather. I friggin drove an hour to the dealer for no reason. Next i called Puente Hills mitsubishi. These guys are complete *******s. Some nut by the name of Jeff said yes we have lots of evolutions, we even have a white one with leather that we just got in. So i was very excited. I drove 40 minutes down to the dealer to see that they too only had a white RS and 2 Silver EVOs with leather. When i got there and asked him if they had a white evolution with leather, he said "ohh, mitsubishi doesn't make a white evolution with leather, they only make white RSs"..i was like wtf?...they obviously don't know that people that are looking to buy an EVOLUTION probably know much much more about the car than the dealer. One of the dealers i went to, "Freeway Mitsubishi in Monrovia" said that "the wing, special tires, special brakes, special racing seats were all added by us at the dealer and that is the reason for the markup."..lol..i just couldn't hold my laughter in.

so far i have had a horrible experience with these dealers and even if they had the car that i wanted, i still wouldn't go to them to buy it.

so my question is..who has had a great experience with a dealer or a specific sales person at a dealer in the Los Angeles area? Thanks
Old May 31, 2004, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you just walk around the lots without asking someone there, cause they may have off the lot storage where they keep some of their inventory...

I had a good experience at Miller Mitsubishi in Van Nuys. No hassles, no bs. Ask for or Milenko Kojic or Adam Wetzel.
Old May 31, 2004, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

Go to Hunington MItsubishi they take care of all teh socalevo.net people and dont jerk u around on teh price if they dont have the car u want they can get it prob same day or within 3 days. Just tell them SOcalevo.net sent u
Old May 31, 2004, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

I meant hunington beach MItsu
Old May 31, 2004, 02:54 PM

hunington beach has a $1995 mark up, they are all liers, i bought mine from torrance (no mark up or any other anti theft registation that they said i had to pay($1999), i almost walk out several times
Old May 31, 2004, 10:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
these days, its just a pain in the *** trying to buy a car...im gonna call up miller and see what going on with them and will also check out huntigton beach and torrance..thanks
Old May 31, 2004, 11:06 PM
Evolving Member

I agree with all of you, Dealers are very difficult and make buying a car not a pleasant expereince. I ended up buying my wife's Toyota Camry from CarsDirect.com. This took the dealer out of the equation. The expereince was unbelievably good.

Of course, when I bought my Evo in Feb 04, they didn't have any and I went to SM. After being dicked around by several sales associates, I ended up buying the car anyway. I bought the car from Robert Evans. Pretty nice guy, but of course, I still got the same ole' dealership crap as always. I got my 03 in Feb for $27,000 with wing and sunroof. Not an amazing deal, but I feel a fair price. Talk to Robert and tell him that Stephen "Scott" Wilson (blue Evo) sent you, it may help your cause.

I personally believe that as long as you do your homework, shop around and keep a level head, you can and will get a good deal. If you get mad everytime a dealer screws with you or misimforms you, you are going to have a miserable experience.

Good Luck!