Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

cat delete pipe question

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2004, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cat delete pipe question

I was just wondering how much louder does the evo get with the cat delete? Is it obnoxiously loud I have the hipower hks exhaust and helix 3" dp.

thanks,
Eric
Old May 31, 2004, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

My pipe isnt much louder than stock. Im sure they all sound different. My buddies isnt loud either.
Old May 31, 2004, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

Its a bit louder, but not much and i have HKS cat back, HKS DP and B&B cat delete pipe
Old May 31, 2004, 08:36 PM
Evolving Member

Maybe mine isnt much louder cause i use the "rally cat". Basicly a cat looking test pipe. Its straight through, just that it has tiny baffles on the sides.
Old Jun 1, 2004, 07:07 AM
Evolving Member

Well, my wife hasn't mentioned it, so it's not that much louder
Old Jun 1, 2004, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

To throw in a different perspective, it's significantly louder in my opinion....

I have the BR SCCA catback and when I put it in originally, I was barely louder than stock.

I recently put in a UR test pipe and it got significantly louder. It was a good grumbly, low throated loud but it still was a lot louder than just catback. It still sounds quiet when idling/cruising and is still quiet in the cabin but WOT and sitting outside by the exhaust is significantly louder.

I'm putting in a downpipe next week and I imagine it'll be even louder. I'm not a big proponent of loudness but medium lower sounding sound with little idle/cruise sound is ok in my opinion.
Old Jun 1, 2004, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

My buddy has a Vishnu exhaust with a cat delete pipe, and his is a bit louder on the top. Not much difference at idle.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

i have a helix 3" down pipe, with a 3" cat delete pipe ending with a apexi N1 muffler. I'm not going to lie to you, but its loud. Not an obnoxious loud, its really deep at idle but when you get it to WOT it does get loud. If you dont mind the sound then go for it cuz it feels so much better.