Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Something Fun... Donuts anyone

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2004, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fury656
Donuts are for RWD cars with decent low end tq
WRONG! my buddies rx8 does some real nice donuts and we all know that thing lacks tq
Old Jun 3, 2004, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GranMassaX
WRONG! my buddies rx8 does some real nice donuts and we all know that thing lacks tq
See, doing donuts in an RX8 makes perfect sense. Enjoy the car while you have it because in XXX miles it will self-destruct.
Old Jun 3, 2004, 12:23 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Exclamation

i don't think TheGVR4KId is giving a friendly, caring advice. I think he's just filled with spite.

Have fun with your car and don't be like those people who's OWNED by what they purchase.

If you F uck up, then I'm sure you have'll something to tell your kids, instead of "I took real good care of that EVO, never did anything crazy with it, until I ran out of money and had to sell it to some kid, who eventually blew it up to pieces."

D'oh! And your son would go, "you suck dad, how could you! I don't believe in anything anymore! I'm going to Law School!"

lol.

Last edited by plokivos; Jun 3, 2004 at 12:32 PM.
Old Jun 3, 2004, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by plokivos
i don't think TheGVR4KId is giving a friendly, caring advice. I think he's just filled with spite.
Oh cmon, rotary bashing is accepted the world over. Try it sometime, its fun.

If you F uck up, then I'm sure you have'll something to tell your kids, instead of "I took real good care of that EVO, never did anything crazy with it, until I ran out of money and had to sell it to some kid, who eventually blew it up to pieces."

D'oh! And your son would go, "you suck dad, how could you! I don't believe in anything anymore! I'm going to Law School!"
Funny you should mention that, when I was 17 I bought a Galant VR4 for $6500. When I was 21 I sold it, after putting a recipt-kept $26,000 into it. Yep thats right. I drove that car into the ground better than any R&D tester ever could. 3 engines (engines not rebuilds, cracked block, etc), 2 trannies/7 rebuilds, 2 rearends, 3 axles, 2 xfer cases, every body panel including the roof <evil grin>, and countless other odds and ends met their demise at my hands. Obviously I can relate to the topic of not holding back on your car.

The "spite" comes from the constant *****ing and moaning about the product while knowlingly beating on the car. Then I hear people come along and go "Ive never heard of these problems everywhere else the car is sold, so its gotta be Mitsu NA. Cmon, the difference is people in other countries take responsibility for their actions, this carries over to the rest of life unfortunately.

By all means enjoy your car, just dont be like the ~30% of this site that has yet to grasp the concept of personal responsibility.
Old Jun 3, 2004, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Whats with all the wussy beatings too? So many scaredy cats and nad lacking child-boys afraid to bring there big bad toys out to the local racing circuits.. If you're going to "beat" it at least do it with some authority and detemination, not some twiddly dee donut in a back lot..

Canyou tell I'm ready for this weekends hot lapping.. Just have to change the oil, coolant, and brake fluid and tomorrow afternoon, it's ON. Oh yeah It's ON! Some folks is gonna get SERVED! 500+AWHP, 18" full Yoko slicks on lightweight volks, too many things lightened and all that good ness.. I can taste the rubber now.. But Everyone else should be tasting it this weekend! I hope a local worked over RUF comes out as usual. Time to knock em down a notch..
Old Jun 3, 2004, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BaLListic_EVO
Thats completely untrue.... how do you explain the wheel turning in our cars with the key off??? or the countless vehicles i have had that have slung a power steering belt and i just kept on driving....... i have driven some real piece's of **** and alot of them without power steering i honestly love the feedback myself!
So, I imaging having the pump fail is equivalent to what I did in my GSR, right? If anyone can confirm or deny that would be cool.
Like I said, I could be wrong... And I guess I am. My mistake
Old Jun 3, 2004, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mister2zx3
Canyou tell I'm ready for this weekends hot lapping.. Just have to change the oil, coolant, and brake fluid and tomorrow afternoon, it's ON. Oh yeah It's ON! Some folks is gonna get SERVED! 500+AWHP, 18" full Yoko slicks on lightweight volks, too many things lightened and all that good ness.. I can taste the rubber now.. But Everyone else should be tasting it this weekend! I hope a local worked over RUF comes out as usual. Time to knock em down a notch..
You're not the one who laid down the $100 challange against the C5 at MSR are you?
Old Jun 3, 2004, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by db8 na
why danger the health of your evo?? just drive it straight lol
There's a lot more things a car can do besides go fast in a straight line
Old Jun 3, 2004, 04:33 PM

This was my burnout. Stock advans, the asphalt was a little wet. Justed started out slow, then pushed the clutch in turned the wheel to almost full lock, and then revved and let the clutch out pretty quick. I just kept it pegged at around 6k rpm and this is the result.

right click and save target as

http://gallery.thevboard.com/users/S...evoburnout.MPG

EDIT: BTW, this is the first and last time i will ever do this. I wanted it on video though!!! Too bad the quality sucks. I shoulda gotten someone with a better cam!

Last edited by Schmitty; Jun 3, 2004 at 04:39 PM.
Old Jun 3, 2004, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

^^^^
thats pretty tight...
Old Jun 3, 2004, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

The most amazing thing about that video is that you actually had a respectable park job in the parking space after you were done. That video was superb. How many miles do you have on your Evo?
Old Jun 3, 2004, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Failed_Senses
The most amazing thing about that video is that you actually had a respectable park job in the parking space after you were done. That video was superb. How many miles do you have on your Evo?

LOL, I know! You can hear me slide the *** end around as I pulled right into that spot. I believe I had right around 5000 on the odo. And it was as easy as it looked to do. The trick with the Advans is they need to be cold. It doesnt hurt for it to be wet, as thats a little easier on the drivetrain.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 05:00 AM
Evolved Member

Was that with or without the ACT?
Old Jun 4, 2004, 05:41 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
sweet~ that's what I'm talking about!
Old Jun 4, 2004, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by TheGVR4kid
Was that with or without the ACT?

Without. I was completely stock in the video.

Quick Reply: Something Fun... Donuts anyone