Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

New Evo VIII info!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2002, 07:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What your saying could be true but if it is why would Mitsubishi bother modifying the EVO VIII that much just to sell it over there. If it is going to have a 6speed and revised ACD/AYC than it seems like a lot of trouble to replace all of this with a 5speed and no ACD/AYC just to sell it in the USA, especially when they don't have a lot of money at the moment and by taking these things out they might loose a lot of the sales to Subaru. Well I just hope they know what they are doing.
Aston
By the way I am interested because Australia is supposed to be getting US spec if it gets any.
EDIT: I meant to say that the STI 6 Speed seems far from bullet proof, when they race out here they have to be rebuilt after every race and there are lots of failures.
Old Sep 21, 2002, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

Well 28K is the key here........ Is Looking to sell cars To make $$$ not to make 2% of the car Market happy, Is after the bottom line..... If thay sell all 4,000 cars I'm sure thay will bring in more as need to meet the demand, The Evo looks a lot better at $28K then at $34K With a few less Bits then a full Blown Version, I'm sure thay are looking to test the waters first, If the Evo sells better then thay hoped we may see a full Blown Evo with in a year or two. I'm just Happy its almost here....

I can't for the life of me see how any one could be unhappy about this news

RALLY ON ///////////
Old Sep 21, 2002, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

sorry but AYC/ACD is a gargantuan issue for me, i would rather ave lower HP than no AYC/ACD
Old Sep 21, 2002, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

"If the Evo sells better then thay hoped we may see a full Blown Evo with in a year or two."

F that im tired of japan companies dickin the US public around, im almost ready to take my 36k for the EVO and go get a clasic muscle car that i can have 1200+ hp with easily

hell other countrys dont dick us around for example we get the full blown GT2 porsche and the M3 M5 750il and Z8, we get ferraris and lambos we get lotus, auston martin, ect ect ect
Old Sep 21, 2002, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

ya boosted that's not a bad idea getting a muscle car if you just wana do fuggin 1/4 mile if you live in a state like cali with the grandfather car law get yourself an old body like 69 camero grab a big brand new engine drop it in get new tranny and **** forl ike 20 grand get your self a car that does 10's a guy i know did that with a 69 GTO spent about 17 thousand has a car that runs 10's. As for japanese companies stiffy America. They just do't do it with cars a lot of **** video games, anime, food =P everything we probably do it to them too *shrugs* who cares we get what we get fans don't like it it won't get support and mitsu will have to re plan their strategy to dominate the US market
Old Sep 21, 2002, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Hehe...I have a muscle car already...YES it is fun
I have a 69 Mustang Mach 1 428SCJ and a 92 5.0 Mustang that runs 10's in the 1/4.

BTW, One more tidbit of info: He said I WILL be pleased with the turbo specs and that it WON'T be the turbo from the GTA. So, it will at least be equivelant to the GSR turbo. He isn't going to tell me anymore info at this time. He said he really gave me more info than he should have already but he knows how important the info is to my program..so he told me alot of it.
So we are looking at a car that is pretty equal to j-spec VII minus the ayc/acd for under 30k....really not bad IMO.
You can always get an ayc/acd system from Japan....there will be plenty of people taking them off their VII's and VIII's and selling them...just a thought.
Old Sep 21, 2002, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

ok Bfdd i was trying to make a point the HP is rampant over here and that cornering is coveted but i guess it went un heard for you

also.... "They just do't do it with cars a lot of **** video games, anime, food =P everything we probably do it to them too *shrugs* who cares we get what we get fans don't like it it won't get support and mitsu will have to re plan their strategy to dominate the US market"

one they dont want most of our cars, 2 they make most better RPG's an such, 3 our anime doesnt stack up at all, 4 food well thats mostly a location thing

broeli (DBZ maybe?) well i dont know why they would mess with the driveline of the EVO, its not like its not working to the expectations (and yes ive had a muscle car, nothing like the PURE torque of those things)

Last edited by Boosted; Sep 21, 2002 at 10:54 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2002, 12:10 PM
RaX
Evolved Member

Actually I wouldn't be too pissed if we don't get the ACD/AYC. I'm just hoping Ralliart USA/North America have differentials available.
Old Sep 21, 2002, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ah yes, the infamous AYC/ACD issue looming over our heads like the ever present albatross.

No AYC/ACD boo hoo hoo!!!

Just kidding! But seriously how many people have actually experienced AYC/ACD?..... That's what I thought. So if we've never had it before what are we missing?

Nothing, that's what. I could see if we previously had it in our Evo's and than Mitsu decided to not include it, that would be cause for all this unpleasentness. But you really aren't going to miss something you never had. IMO

Opinions are like A$$es, everyone's got one and they're full of sh*t!
Old Sep 21, 2002, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

To put this whole J-spec v/s USA spec to rest, we'll just take a stock US Evo v/s a stock J-spec evo and we'll see which performs best on a track.

Is that good enough for you guys ?
Old Sep 21, 2002, 12:52 PM
In Timeout

This all in all kinda seems a lil disappointing because, after all i just ordered my Evo 7 from EI, but who knows....having JDM is always a plus and having a car that doesnt look like a galant is another plus to me...watever..... my oponion i guess....
Old Sep 21, 2002, 01:37 PM

Thumbs down No AYC/ACD, oh yeah.... :)

you know... I am not trying to tease you (cos' i admitted that I am not even a semi professional race car driver) But according to the JGTC competition driver (& the correct translation), professional drivers don't prefer to have the AYC, mechanical Differential may be enough. These high tech gadgets are just making them less fun especially if they 'd intend to drift the car; the AYC technically avoid that to happen. Anyway... yes,... if without AYC, to many of us -the novice- who don't even have a racing school course in our entire life... it is not going to make us look professional but to face the consequences of abusing the car limit. So.... watch out... there is a price to pay to drive recklessly.

btw, to response a thread that said the Austrailan market is getting what the US's spec getting??? come on! The Austrailans got their chance to own their Evo 5, 6, 7 years ahead of us... They got exactly what Japan made... in addition, UK, and the rest of Europe got what they have had... only us the US people were bounded by first the emission regulation, 2nd the 5 mph crash test... anyway... is truth, with these high pollution vehicles running in town is making our air quality worse... Anyway sorry for my mix feeling...

But then... if Mitsubishi USA decided to ship a Evo special to us the US market with no ACD/AYC and keep the 5spd, and still only making us 4,000 units a year... you bet... people are not going to wait...but head down to the suby 's for the WRX... which is good and if they decided to screw their own US market... hehe... it is just going to be really funny to see Mitsubishi USA doing that... one word, "sucks". and i will be just laughing at them .... those US executives bringing us a piece of sh*t oversea... perhaps they shall have saved their useless effort.... hahahahha... it is going be funny...
Old Sep 21, 2002, 01:43 PM

basically if Mitsubishi USA is thinking a Evolution (special) to US market is ok with 265hp (that beats WRX already) but no AYC, that basically mean they are trying to compete the WRX market since WRX only gets LSD (differentials) and not the gadget Yaw control. Btw, even the STi don't use Yaw Control... they just have 3 sets of LSD (front, middle and rear) Without AYC, the Lancer Evo (for US) will care free with the special modes ' maintenance. You know... that costs the service in the long run... perhaps the short term the first 3 years... perhaps... they aren't confident with the system...
Old Sep 21, 2002, 02:04 PM

Question

I thought the one of the big reasons why wants to bring the Evo to the was as a "halo" car to raise their profile and generate more "excitement" to their brand. Not necessarily make money on each car. There are many examples of this in the car industry like when Dodge first sold the Viper they loss money on each car and so did Porsche when they had the 959. So I don't think is using the Evo as an competitor to the regular WRX. All the WRX showed to them is that selling that type of car in the US market can be successful and raise their profile also.
Old Sep 21, 2002, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

i dont get how the japanese dont think theres a market over here for fast sportcars..... i mean make a car that has HP and alot of acronyms and gadgets and we'll buy it

Quick Reply: New Evo VIII info!