Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

New Evo VIII info!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2002, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I call bull**** on this thread.

would never bring over a half assed evo. They're doing a world release... they're doing this to save manufacturing costs and make some money... it would cost more to drasticly change the car for each marketing zone than it would be worth in savings to to leave out key elements of their scooby fighter.

is trying real hard to make a major presence in the US. They've under fire from Mazda, Ford, and great googly moogly Nissan USA. They HAVE to come up with a kick *** win all product to make up for the pig they call an eclipse now a days and the slow ***, crappy econocar they like to call fun, the US Spec Lancer.

Every source right now where someone has "secret" information is bull****. Nobody but the engineers and the management has info on the Evo. Why? Because if info was out there we'd be seeing it on autoweek or some other reputable magazine. Why the **** would give some jackass on this forum information before them if there was any information to give?

So next time a thread starts up that says "My engineer freind with mits says the Evo won't have AYC" call bull**** on it and move on. Because until we get a release from mitsubishi on this IT IS ALL BULL****. This is the internet after all, not the nightly ****ing news.
Old Sep 21, 2002, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

Well I'm not so worried about the AYC, Tests on the EVO VI showed it was slower around a track than the RS with no AYC. It's the ACD I want. I know that a lot of people leave that on for rallying and racing. Ralliart UK (now Extreme Automobiles) has a FAQ that states they leave it on when they tune cars. And being able to switch between rear bias, front bias and 50/50 has to be a good thing. I know the standard visous coupling sends power where it's needed but being able to have a natural rear bias would be good on the track. Anyway hopefully it's not too hard/expensive to change. It is a pity when the cars are tested in magazines and get beaten because they aren't full spec though, every body reads the test and that has to be bad for sales.

About Australia, we did get the EVO VI TME but that is all recently, no V and no VII, and I got the info about Australia getting the VIII from America from a car magazine. If we get your version it means it can be brought straight here because our compliancing is very similar so gets the big USA market and doesn't have to change anything to get it here.
Aston
Old Sep 21, 2002, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ralliart and Production

Being that this is the WORLD LAUNCH, with the US basically doubling Mitsu's output of Evolutions, I think if they are going to drop the AYC/ACD that it's mainly a service and technical issue. Ralliart basically builds the cars for Mitsu after they receive the basic components from Mitsubishi, right? But now, service people in America are going to have to take care of the car, it's going to have to have the same 3/36 bumper to bumper and 5/60 Powertrain warranty (I hope) that you can get on a plain Lancer ES. So therefore, they aren't just gonna crash every service department with all this technical stuff that nobody's ever heard of all at once. Remember the 3000GT VR4 Spyder? If you had a problem with your car's engine fine, take it to any Mitsu dealer. But if you lived in the Southeast and had a problem with the mechanical top, there was only one place around that could service it, a location in the Atlanta area -so everytime somebody had a problem a rollback fee was picked up by Mitsu so their car could be toted down there and back. Getting reaquainted with the 4G63T will be easy, every Mitsu dealer knows it, but will it be GDI? What about the all new transmission, the mechanical diffs? I think Mitsu is just playing it safe slowly bringing in all this new technology so they don't shoot themselves in the foot with dozens of recalls on their brand new halo car, and it is a halo car, no doubt. Ralliart isn't a mass production house, so until they can mass produce EVO's with ACD/AYC you may not see them as standard equipment.
Old Sep 21, 2002, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

"If the Evo sells better then thay hoped we may see a full Blown Evo with in a year or two."

This is the quote that I think is BS........ KNOWS that this car is going to sell well. ****... at least 75% are already spoken for fer Christ sakes.

I know everybody wants to take a shot at broeli, but watch what you say ladies & gentlemen....he's just relaying the info.

Thanks for the info. broeli, no matter how much of it we think is BS

Hooby

Last edited by Hooby; Sep 21, 2002 at 10:35 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2002, 10:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Everything Broeli says is consistent with what I heard from my source at Mitsubishi. Dates are dead on. Feature of the car are dead on. Either we are talking to the same guy or that is really what is going to happen.

ROAD/RACE
http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/
Old Sep 21, 2002, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

DistantTea,
If you don't like getting direct info I have or anyone else has...DON'T read the forum or the post. You seem real mature...calling people a jackass..grow up.
How can you say the Evo VIII would be half assed if it came like I have posted? It would be REAL close to what the VII is with a few less hp and no ayc...big deal...I can get back the 6-10hp REAL easy and I could care less about the ayc system. For one I don't need computer assist to help me drive..plus less weight..plus the maintenence nightmare.
I can assure you the details I have are accurate...believe me this person knows the specs.
Old Sep 22, 2002, 12:47 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've heard expensive maintance issues with ACD/AYC but I'd thought mitsu would of brought the car over as is except for U.S. regulation. Would this mean the JDM version on the 8 wouldnt' have these features either?

It seems like mitusbishi would have a 6-speed in the 8. It is possible that we'll get the 5 to cut cost and perhaps an option? From the sounds of everything "no ACD/AYC 5-speed" we're looking at under 3000LBS. Real 1/4 rocket.
Old Sep 22, 2002, 01:36 AM

Since the U.S. Evo looks like *** it lessens the pain of me not being able to own one
Old Sep 22, 2002, 01:48 AM
Account Disabled

if said there bringing 4000 EVO,how much u think the mark up will be?i know here in NY chevy dealers are getting 15,000 over invoice on the 50th anniversty vette
Old Sep 22, 2002, 02:07 AM

I've seen a dozen cars debut and the MO for forum talk is always the same. Everyone has a source, everyone knows the facts, everyone heard something from a guy who knows a guy who owns the place the Mitsubishi GM plays poker at.

The sad facts are unless you are one of the technical or design engineers... or some project manager, its highly doubtful you have any real information. If your source works for and they are telling you ****, then what do they do? Where is the credible facts behind the bull****.

If you can't ante up then its pointless. If you facts are credible and you have a reliable source... a proven source, not one where you say, "My dude has reliable information" like he's some kind of police informent in the war against violence in videogames.

I fully agree that ayc is kinda lame and overly complicated and don't care one way or another if its on the car. But the way I see it, if the dudes at autoweek don't have more information for us, then I doubt anyone here does.

I'll wait for the press release, then you can tell me you told me so.

-DistantTea
Professional Jackass
Old Sep 22, 2002, 04:58 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The fact is that broeli's rumor sounds realistic enought with my judgement of being close to the truth. Yes, i've heard about people having maintance issues and warrenty repair with the current ACD/AYC units.

In believing his rumor of being close to true, I've decide to call the dealership on allocation on evos. In the whole dealership in Chicago, IL they are only getting 2 CARS!!! That's from the sales manager. He is also saying he doesn't know anything about the car until maybe during the month of October.

WTF? Big dealership in a city having only 2 cars? OH well, at least i'm fortuante enought to have a spot for this limited car.

The good news is that the car is going to be rare. I'm sure if i'm not satisfied with the performance i could always sell it for the same price i've purchase it and reserve a STI later if that becomes more appealing. That is the worst senario but, i doubt the evo would be anything else then awesome.
Old Sep 22, 2002, 05:25 AM

If all this new info is true, the Evo VIII will still outperform all other cars in its price range.
Old Sep 22, 2002, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by astondg
Well I'm not so worried about the AYC, Tests on the EVO VI showed it was slower around a track than the RS with no AYC. It's the ACD I want. I know that a lot of people leave that on for rallying and racing.
Which test?

Isn't EVO with no AYC/ACD pretty much equal to a last gen
Eclipse GSX with bigger turbo??
(ok, and maybe stiffer body??)
Old Sep 22, 2002, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

If you must know..the source is the most reliable I think anyone could have.... This isn't coming from someone that knows someone else that knows someone in Mitsu and it's not any dealer bs....that's all I have to say.

Last edited by broeli; Sep 24, 2002 at 02:26 AM.
Old Sep 22, 2002, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

The test with the AYC and no AYC was in an EVO magazine. The test had the GSR EVO VI with AYC and RS EVO VI with no AYC. The test also had 2 skylines, 3 STI's (22b, standard, something else) and a lot of other cars. The RS was the fastest around the track the GSR was second, so both were faster than anything else but the RS was fastest. The testers said it was hard to know when the GSR was going to let go because the AYC was helping them then it can't help any more and the car starts to slide, sort of an all then nothing in a fraction of a second.
Aston

Quick Reply: New Evo VIII info!