Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

mud flaps and install

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2004, 07:48 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
mine don't do that... I wonder why? Maybe it's my tires.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here in CO they put all kinds of stuff down on the roads (SAND) for the snow and it gets sprayed all over the sides of the car and the rocker panels. I even have rock ships on the front of the rear doors in the seam. So this would be perfect.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Adair
For all of you who don't like the "look" of the flaps that's fine! It is obviously a "rally" look. What the car was made for remember!!!! If your drive on the freeway all day you may not need them but if you live in ANY climate that has sand, mud, gravel, rain etc.... you should get down low and take a look at your lower rocker panels behind each wheel and I think you will be surprised at what you see-
My car has been the test bed so far for the Rally Armor flaps and as I'm sure Costas can attest to I'm after the cleanest, most streetable looking set of flaps for the car, afterall, I don't see my car hitting WRC anytime soon . We spent a good deal of the last two afternoons accomplishing just that and I can't wait to see the branded finished product. I'll be posting up pictures of the set installed on my car as early as this saturday most likely, at that point once Costas sets dealer pricing we should all have a good idea where these will slot in price wise, that part I'll leave for him to release though. Honestly, once you see the finished product all around I think you will all be very impressed with the looks, quality and price.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 08:55 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

Those flaps look nasty. Why do they just end at an angle? They would look so much better if they curved towards the wheel well and looked like they were a made to fit after market piece instead of a piece of plastic cut to fit. I really want some mud flaps for my car but refuse to pay RalliArt's obscene prices and refuse to put something on my car that looks like it came from Pep Boys (as these flaps do). For $100 I think you guys are taking the ****.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Adair
if you live in ANY climate that has sand, mud, gravel, rain etc....-
...contruction zones, gravel parking lots...

There are many tings these flaps can be used for. Just because you're not rallying with them, doesn't mean they're useless.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

UFO-

If it's not your gig that's fine. I will say it again. These are the same shape and style as the Ralliart flaps so I am quite confused by your comment. They are NOT supposed to look like something Vin Diesel would put on his 97' Eclipse with 500hp. They are "rally" style flaps-
Old Jul 13, 2004, 09:09 AM

I am in the process of making exact replica Ralliart mudflaps, which I will be selling for about $50. They will come with mounting brackets and use factory mounting points so there is no need to drill any holes. Stay tuned, Ill start a thread when they are completed.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 09:54 AM
Account Disabled

rally style? lol.

It's a mud flap, period. I guess if you put some mud flaps on Corolla, it's "rally" Corolla.

I don't wanna be negative, but this is no different than integra's trying to be like Type-R integras with stickers and few changes.

Our eVo is not anywhere near WRC eVo and it's not rally ready. trust me, our whole suspension will break into pieces the first hump we go over at 150mph.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Dekfu1 when will your mudflaps be available? YOur price sounds really good (compared to rallyarmor's rather expensive unit).
Old Jul 13, 2004, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

You mean my car is not the actual Mits rally car? Now I wish I never would have bought it. I thought it was the real deal. Maybe you missed the part where we said rally "style".............. anyway, I'm done-
Old Jul 13, 2004, 10:06 AM
Account Disabled

if you spend about $200,000 + on your stock mitsu then it's rally car. Now, it's rally style car in bone stock.

Good car but not quite a rally car.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 10:15 AM

I'm hoping they'll be ready in a week or 2. They'll be available in red, black, blue, yellow, clear and I'm trying to get the carbon "look" ones. Also, you'll be able to specify whether you want Ralliart, Evolution, or Mitsubishi printed on them.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Using mud flaps is not the same as putting a type r sticker on your car. For your information some of us do take cars in the dirt. Gravel and Rallycross are very fun and mud flaps are a must. There is nothing lame, gay, poserish, honda like or geeky about putting mudflaps on your car. If this is the way you think, obviously you dont drive very much or at least off of the highway.

Last edited by gofaster87; Jul 13, 2004 at 11:53 AM.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dekfu1
I'm hoping they'll be ready in a week or 2. They'll be available in red, black, blue, yellow, clear and I'm trying to get the carbon "look" ones. Also, you'll be able to specify whether you want Ralliart, Evolution, or Mitsubishi printed on them.
What about: ?

But, seriously I'm interested, will you be selling blanks with no wording on them as well?
Old Jul 13, 2004, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by TheGVR4kid
But, seriously I'm interested, will you be selling blanks with no wording on them as well?

Yeah, blanks will also be available.

Quick Reply: mud flaps and install