Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

mud flaps and install

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2004, 10:38 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
if you ask me, if you must get this piece of rubber with holes in it, you should least get one that matches your paint color.

You could make this at home for $15 or less. ID degree speaks.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dekfu1, do you have any preliminary pictures of the potential product to show us?

Last edited by modvp; Jul 13, 2004 at 12:10 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by plokivos
rally style? lol.

It's a mud flap, period. I guess if you put some mud flaps on Corolla, it's "rally" Corolla.

I don't wanna be negative, but this is no different than integra's trying to be like Type-R integras with stickers and few changes.

Our eVo is not anywhere near WRC eVo and it's not rally ready. trust me, our whole suspension will break into pieces the first hump we go over at 150mph.

I don't know where you would get 150 MPH rallying, the WRC boys only get to about 120 max, so I think you comment is an overstatment to say the least
and the standard suspension would take that kind of pounding, i Would be concerned with the Unibody welds although they are strengthened, I don't think would be able to withhold that kind of intense pounding, like the WRC cars can, not to mention thay have roll cages to help keep ridigity.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 12:28 PM
Account Disabled

I think you should go even 90mph on a dirt road and hit a bump on your stock strut. I'd like to see what you think of your suspension then.

I do think they use the stock frame and they do support it with the roll cages and various structural support bars.

And yes they go over 150 mph. Not all of the rally racing portion is done on the curvy mountain road you know.

But I guess you didn't get my point in the first place, so there's just no point arguing all this.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 12:30 PM
Account Disabled

anyone who says eVo is a rally car is a nutcase and ignorant. It maybe rally inspired, but there is a difference between marathon runners up who goes first and those who run the later race.

Just because you look like the guy who runs 4 minute mile, that doesn't make you run 4 minute miles.

see my point here?
Old Jul 13, 2004, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Investing in these cheap mudflaps will and SHOULD reduce the amount of rock chips by the door panels
Old Jul 13, 2004, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Hardly ignorant, along with the WRC cars you have production classes that are based on the EVO, yes they have mods and maybe seam welded bodies, but essentially the car is close to that which we own.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

And yes they go over 150 mph. Not all of the rally racing portion is done on the curvy mountain road you know.
That's funny, Mitsubishi says the WRC04 car will only go 220kph, which is about 136mph.

You have NEVER seen a WRC car go 150mph on ANY stage at ANY event. End of story.

Please keep your *** away from the keyboard because I'm sick of you talking out of it.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

let's stay on topic here..."mud flaps and install."
Old Jul 13, 2004, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TheGVR4kid
Please keep your *** away from the keyboard because I'm sick of you talking out of it.

I'll second that ^
Old Jul 13, 2004, 06:02 PM

Certainly one of the mod's I'm looking to invest in. I was hoping to see something like this:

http://www.ravensblade-impreza.com/m.../stiflaps.html

..for the EVO. Obviously the Subaru pattern won't be optimum... but you get the idea. The STi one's shown are the smaller pattern.

Fitz
www.Flat4Racing.com
Old Jul 13, 2004, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

I've got the RalliArt mudflaps on my evo and I think they look great!
Old Jul 13, 2004, 06:51 PM

rally style? lol.

It's a mud flap, period. I guess if you put some mud flaps on Corolla, it's "rally" Corolla.

I don't wanna be negative, but this is no different than integra's trying to be like Type-R integras with stickers and few changes.

Our eVo is not anywhere near WRC eVo and it's not rally ready. trust me, our whole suspension will break into pieces the first hump we go over at 150mph.
rally cars HARDLY dont go over 150... do your homework.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 06:57 PM

if you ask me, if you must get this piece of rubber with holes in it, you should least get one that matches your paint color.

You could make this at home for $15 or less. ID degree speaks.

On the contrary...Ill fill you in on a little detail

The material is a custom poly blended for this application. These flaps do not sail like your "Home Dept" rubber. The bushings that they will come with are made from Nylatron, which is known for its wear resistance (molybdenum disulfide)

The fasteners will be tamper resistant stainless steel, and the flaps are being made on a $500,000 CNC machine.

Get to steppin'...

Originally Posted by dekfu1
I'm hoping they'll be ready in a week or 2. They'll be available in red, black, blue, yellow, clear and I'm trying to get the carbon "look" ones. Also, you'll be able to specify whether you want Ralliart, Evolution, or Mitsubishi printed on them.

Best of luck... PLease note: Copyright infrigement is illegal

Last edited by Kostas; Jul 13, 2004 at 07:04 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 05:09 AM
Evolving Member

This First and Then back to subject on MUD FLAPS

[QUOTE=plokivos]I think you should go even 90mph on a dirt road and hit a bump on your stock strut. I'd like to see what you think of your suspension then.

I am Telling you, the Stock suspension will take that kind of abuse, that is what suspension struts are designed to do, TAKE BUMPS, What I was getting at, was The other suspension components such as wish bones, Trailing arms, Anti Roll bars, The locations they tie into etc Won't hold up to that kind of abuse for long,

The Reason WHY They change the struts for the WRC and other Rally's is because they need more adjustment for the different stages for the rally's, one stage may need more Height cause of large rocks, another stage needs less cause it is a Tarmac road, and also needs inreased stiffness, They use the adjustable shocks cause they have too, Those things ain't cheap, that is why the standard EVO gets NON adjustable shocks because (a) is cost and (b) cause it doesn't need it for Normal road driving the car set up is optimised for this kind of driving.
It is going to be the same with the MR Bilsteins, they are non adjustable, they are pre set for normal Spirited road driving, That is why most guys buy Tein adjustables.

[QUOTE=plokivos]And yes they go over 150 mph. Not all of the rally racing porton is done on the curvy mountain road you know.
NO They Don 't go over 120 - 130 MPH, The cars are NOT geared to go that fast there is something about it in the FIA Regulations book what you see on the screen is KPH, Torque is another subject.
But since you have never been to a WRC stage event you'll never know.

I am with the rest of the guys here, We were talking about MUD FLAPS so cut the BS PLOKIVOS, I personally think the Mud flaps are a great idea, I certainly don't want to pay $400 for a set of Ralliart mudflaps, I just want something to help prevent stone chips and the like, I want something functional, I do not want to be paying for a name brand all the time.

Last edited by Samdiver74; Jul 14, 2004 at 05:14 AM.

Quick Reply: mud flaps and install