Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buying an Evo with CASH

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2004, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll doubt you'll get the loan if your credit is so bad.. If you did it would probably be some crazy interest rate.. I'm 23 and financed an evo with no problems through a good bank at a killer rate.. I've got tons of credit tho.. paid off 3 cars already plus credit cards and what not.

You may also consider waiting for the MR (wish i could have) Good luck and enjoy!
Old Jun 11, 2004, 04:08 PM

moviemadness, If you want some advice or to get pricing you can call me at

434-220-8823 which is my direct line and i will see if i can help you out at all.
Brandon Holmberg
Colonial Auto Center
if you want a brand new evo you have a selection because in my dealerships region alone we have access to 40 evos in black and white not including all the other colors
Old Jun 11, 2004, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

dude that's awesome. that's what I want. a black one 04 with the sun sound leather package. i'm in western NY by the way. right by niagara falls.

what kinda info do you need from me?
Old Jun 11, 2004, 04:20 PM

dude if you need one now get this one. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=83102

there are a lot of people that would love cash and you might even get a better deal. This is what I would do.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 04:20 PM

just what kind of money you want to put down and ill get with my finance manager and go with worst case scenerio credit score and work some numbers up for you. No point in having your credit score pulled if you dont have to.

We are in the same time zone so if you would rather call im here till 9:00 pm and at work all day from 9:00 to 6:00pm tomorrow
Old Jun 11, 2004, 04:21 PM

at the end of the day that is still a used car and somebody elses toy
Old Jun 11, 2004, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by donour
It's not ILLEGAL to buy a car with cash, it just gets everybody's attention. By law, the dealer must report the purchase immediately. Isn't there actually a law somewhere that states that retailers MUST accept physical cash? As in you can walk in with $30k in dimes and they can't refuse on ground of inadequate payment

As an aside, pennies don't apply to the legal tender laws i believe (i.e. you can destroy them if you feel like it).

Time to pull out the FTC docs....

d

Totaly unrelated to the tread. Whoever said the $10k rule applies only to "folding money" is correct. Transactions involving more that 10k in green money have to be reported to the IRS on form 8300, Report of Cash Payments Over $10,000 Received in a Trade or Business.

Also, notice on the front of your money "This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private" means what is says. If someone does not want to take $30.00 in quarters for a tank of gas they dont have to. Why dont coins have this? I think it goes back to the day when US coinage had value because of the metal in the coin i.e. silver dollar.

It is not illegal to alter currency or coin. It is illegal to use after being f'ed with.

For the guy wanting to buy the car for cash. If you are not worried about someone asking questions about where the money came from, pay cash. If you are then hit some banks for cashiers checks/money orders. Just make sure they are less that 10k each, and dont go for $9999.99 or you will certainly raise some eyebrows.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 04:42 PM

I will tell you that im located in Virginia and its a long trip to here to get a car but even if this helps you out locally its worth helping you out because i got raped several years ago over credit issues so i can understand. If i can help out in any way just let me know and id be glad to. One question i have is, how much are evo's selling for your way because i hear about sticker gouging out west and im not sure how things are in your neck of the woods.

Brandon
Old Jun 11, 2004, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ArCaNe50
dude if you need one now get this one. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=83102

there are a lot of people that would love cash and you might even get a better deal. This is what I would do.

I want to start my own project. Plus no matter how careful people supposedly say they were with their car, I don't trust their breaking in methods plus if it's modded the way that one is, there's no doubt it was dogged on.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by leonard_shelby
There is a law (maybe just in my state). Something like the most you can pay for a car in cash is $9,999.00. To avoid people buying cars w/ drug / money laundering schemes etc.
well in ny it's kinda similar except that anything over 9,999.99 you will have to fill out a bunch of forms for the IRS!
Old Jun 11, 2004, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Scottybob
Totaly unrelated to the tread. Whoever said the $10k rule applies only to "folding money" is correct. Transactions involving more that 10k in green money have to be reported to the IRS on form 8300, Report of Cash Payments Over $10,000 Received in a Trade or Business.

Also, notice on the front of your money "This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private" means what is says. If someone does not want to take $30.00 in quarters for a tank of gas they dont have to. Why dont coins have this? I think it goes back to the day when US coinage had value because of the metal in the coin i.e. silver dollar.

It is not illegal to alter currency or coin. It is illegal to use after being f'ed with.

For the guy wanting to buy the car for cash. If you are not worried about someone asking questions about where the money came from, pay cash. If you are then hit some banks for cashiers checks/money orders. Just make sure they are less that 10k each, and dont go for $9999.99 or you will certainly raise some eyebrows.

the money is coming from my parents.
I don't have a bank account so I might have to get it through a friend's account. Who knows if i'm gonna have cash or just a check from his account.
But it's most likey gonna be cash I think.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 05:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evosalesguy
I will tell you that im located in Virginia and its a long trip to here to get a car but even if this helps you out locally its worth helping you out because i got raped several years ago over credit issues so i can understand. If i can help out in any way just let me know and id be glad to. One question i have is, how much are evo's selling for your way because i hear about sticker gouging out west and im not sure how things are in your neck of the woods.

Brandon

as long as I get the car it doesn't matter where you are. Since you're still on the coast I guess it will be a fun drive. I'll get the break in miles off easier that way.

I checked the inventory of my local dealer and they don't even have Evos in stock.

As for putting money down, probably at least 20k down.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 05:10 PM

you dont happen to own a mitsubishi now do you
Old Jun 11, 2004, 05:11 PM

you can also use a cashiers check from any bank just for yours and anyone elses info
Old Jun 11, 2004, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

nope.

the first car I ever drove was an eclipse. fell in love with it.

then I had a teg, and then the **** got stolen.