Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buying an Evo with CASH

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2004, 09:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buying an Evo with CASH

How much do you think they'll charge for an Evo if I pay with cash?
'04 preferably.
Old Jun 10, 2004, 09:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by moviemadness
How much do you think they'll charge for an Evo if I pay with cash?
'04 preferably.
back in the day cash made a difference, now it really doesn't matter, as a matter of fact, dealership will most likely from what i've seen give u a better deal if u finance with them, cause they make money that way too... so they're really not losing anything... to make a long story short, it shouldn't be any cheaper if u pay cash... my .02
Old Jun 10, 2004, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

do you need credit to finance a car?
Old Jun 10, 2004, 10:54 PM

good credit does help...also mitsu supposedly doesnt offer any first-time buyer programs, so one must have a co-signer.
Old Jun 10, 2004, 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if they will not let you buy it with the cash, do the financing and then pay everything in one shot, if you have money ofcourse
Old Jun 10, 2004, 11:10 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by patio furniture
good credit does help...also mitsu supposedly doesnt offer any first-time buyer programs, so one must have a co-signer.
there are certain dealerships that do offer first time buyer programs...i actually bought my car that way but found a way to get it a lot cheaper so i went the other way...what you can do is finance it through whatever the dealership allows you to do ...then after a couple of days call the bank that gave you the loan that you;ll just pay it off instead of the finance...you should have a couple of days to a month to change how you wanted to pay for the car
Old Jun 11, 2004, 12:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dealerships want you to finance because they can see what price range you "qualify" for when they run your credit and check your income. a cash buyer gets to keep that information private. which is obviously a good thing.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 02:06 AM
Evolving Member

i dunno how much but i have a friend who is 20 yes 20... who went to the subura dealer like a week after the STI's came out and bought one CASH!!!!!... this kid isnt rich... he is ****ing smart...invested all of his money and made enoug to buy a STI cash a week after they came out... and he got it up to 500hp with in 3 months! this kid has all the badass ****... he got a nokia N-gage the day they came out.......... i wish i was as smart as him!!!!
Old Jun 11, 2004, 06:13 AM
Evolving Member

so what if I have really bad credit?
Old Jun 11, 2004, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

It's not bad to pay cash but as stated before, its not important for the dealer. They probly won't make you any special deals because a large amount of $$$ is just more of a hassle for them to take care of. You're best bet is to negotiate a price on the car you want. Don't even discuss anything that has to do with payments. They will ask you right away what price range you want or how much per month you wish to spend. Just ignore those questions and tell them you're already pre-qualified on a loan. Get them to lower their price on the car and then have the bank make out a cashier's check in the ammount of sale. But don't settle for a price you aren't willing to pay. Once again...flashing a fistfull of hundred dollar bills will do nothing for you. The dealer doesn't make any money off of you when you do that so why should they be impressed?
Old Jun 11, 2004, 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

If you have cash, go in, say you want such and such a car for x amount that you will write a check right now for, and see if they take it. If no, walk. What people don't realize is that TIME at the dealership is what forces your price up. THe more time they have to spend with you, hassling over price, the more money it eventually costs you. You WILL get your best deal every time if you just walk in and make an offer. The dealers even have a term for it, its called a "mini".

I can't tell you the countless millions of times someone would walk in acting like they aren't there to buy a car, and then slug it out for 4 hours trying to get the best deal. They walk away going "man, I really showed them". Ya right, you really did....

Last edited by OnlineAlias; Jun 11, 2004 at 07:01 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 07:52 AM
Evolving Member

rather than dealing with idiot salespeople, you might try contacting the internet sales manager or the fleet manager. you'll usually get a better deal with less hassle.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

What is a reasonable price to pay if I was paying cash?
(ignore this if it really doesn't matter what form of payment I make)
Also, can I still finance a car with sh_t credit? bad credit meaning, not that I don't have credit history, but the fact that I ***ed up a lot of credit cards.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 10:34 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You could still finance, but your interest rates gonna be 20%. So, if you want, you could finance with any bank, and finance it without paying off penalty and use cash to pay it off on your first payment.

Or just use cash and get a good deal. It never makes any difference if you use cash or not, if you're buying new.

If you buy used, that's different story, since the dealer could cheat taxes with cash.

Why don't you use cash to rebuild your credit first before you go on spurging it all away?
Old Jun 11, 2004, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

There is a law (maybe just in my state). Something like the most you can pay for a car in cash is $9,999.00. To avoid people buying cars w/ drug / money laundering schemes etc.